fold, Hero raises to $1.50, CO calls $1.50, fold, fold, fold

FLOP ($3.75) 7:spade: 9:spade: Q:spade:

Hero bets $3, CO calls $3

TURN ($9.75) 7:spade: 9:spade: Q:spade: 9:heart:

Hero bets $6, CO calls $6

RIVER ($21.75) 7:spade: 9:spade: Q:spade: 9:heart: K:spade:

Hero?

villain is 35/26/1, wts 47, 85hs
      shove River? or bet small to induce/get calls from weaker hands?
  • 5 replies
    • N0pr3s3n7
      N0pr3s3n7
      Platinum
      I think betting 1/2 would be best because: If you shove he is of course calling As but probably folding Js.If you bet 1/2 he will go all in with As and call Js.Sometimes he can even call 9x for some reasons.So 1/2 river bet would be perfect in my view.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Tim64,

Why you betting the turn so smallish? I would likely just bet it there ~$8 for making pot ready to shove on river, wouldn't have such problem at all.

As played
      I'd make the shove and hope to him have some flush, since he has pretty loose stats and his WTS is 47 it could easily indicate that he is even able to Call there with hands like 9x maybe even. Also it could easily mean that he does Call there with A flush but how often do you expect him to raise it on paired board from such passive opponent? He could easily just Call it and we would have missed value, therefore I see shove better against such an opponent.

Best regards.
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Turn is interesting re betsize. I should bet big to get value from draws, but best case scenario for me is actually if villain hits his flush draw (if he has that), so I'm not sure about betting more, since the worst scenario is if he folds to $8 bet whereas he would have called $5 bet.

What I mean is that if villain draws to flush, we can always get stacks in on the river. Whereas if villain has Qx or s/thing maybe he gets scared if we bet bigger?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Tim64
      Turn is interesting re betsize. I should bet big to get value from draws, but best case scenario for me is actually if villain hits his flush draw (if he has that), so I'm not sure about betting more, since the worst scenario is if he folds to $8 bet whereas he would have called $5 bet.

What I mean is that if villain draws to flush, we can always get stacks in on the river. Whereas if villain has Qx or s/thing maybe he gets scared if we bet bigger?
      I like that line since the villain is Calling station and he would however Call the bet anyway, if it's $6 or $8, his WTS is way too big to expect him to fold any Qx/9x/FD type of hand. Against some tighter opponent you can consider betting weaker to get him Call with a draw if you think that he is capable of knowing the facts about odds/implied odds.
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Thats a good point - thanks for explaining it :)