FT Sit 'N' Gos

• cheekopeh
      cheekopeh
      Bronze
      Hi all, I play cash game usually but recently I've started playing the $1 SNGs on Fulltilt.

Anyone with with vast experience playing SNGs has advice on the poker players on FT generically? It seems like most of them know what they are doing and make the right plays a lot of time.

For example, I've read through the Strategy section for SNGs, tried to play tight hoping to make it to the late stage. However most of the times, the blinds would have risen to about 100/200, 120/240 and there are still 5-6 players in the game.

Is this actually normal for a SNG to take that long? Or are FT players just "good"?( Of course I'm also weak in terms of SNG play right now)

The longest duration I had wast 1hr and 10mins when there were still 6 players on the table!
  • 6 replies
    • zamoda
      zamoda
      Bronze
      best advice for sng players is:
      Download ICM trainer and dont sit at the tables until you get at least 95% correct consistently.
    • ironmask92
      ironmask92
      Bronze
      I actually started with $2 turbo SNG's. Normal ones take way too long for me. I find that FT players are generally better than players on other sites but then again, as you learn, you'll realize they're not that good, :D
    • Raykoid666
      Raykoid666
      Bronze
      I won a lot of money playing the $1 super turbo SnG's

Thing is you just shouldn't be playing any hand, unless it's really good of course for the first couple of rounds. Also you will need to steal some blinds as they get bigger (fast). People keep going all-in and eliminating each other in a matter of minutes.

After about 5-10 minutes you'll only be with about 3-5 people left, from there on it's all about playing medium - very strong hands and getting a tiny bit lucky.

I get into the top 3 about 90% of the time, and I get first about half of all the times I play these turbo SnG's

Bottom line is, most of the people that play these tournaments don't have any patience and just keep going all in no matter what hands they have and play very dumb. All it takes to defeat this kind of player sometimes is a mediocre hand.

I mean seriously, I called someone's all-in in the first minute only to see they have 7-2 unsuited against my A-Q suited
    • lessthanthreee
      lessthanthreee
      Bronze
      play turbos, they average 35mins
    • breena
      breena
      Bronze
      Tuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrbbooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

:s_cool:
    • cheekopeh
      cheekopeh
      Bronze
      Thanks for the advice guys.

I've practise with ICM of course and I would say I'm doing not that bad on the SUP TURBO SNGs.

Played $1 + $0.10, 15 of them and have reaped a $6 profit. Although I made a stupid mistake on the 15th game by calling all-in on the bubble with 2 people already in the pot. I wasn't thinking straight or I would have made the bubble surely -,-"

Thanks once again(: