$40.82
      BB:
      $46.41
      MP2:
      $14.44
      MP3:
      $29.58

Preflop: Hero is BU with 3, 3.
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.75, SB calls $0.65, BB calls $0.50.

Flop: ($2.25) 9, A, 3 (3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($2.25) 6 (3 players)
      SB bets $1.50, BB folds, Hero raises to $5.50, SB raises to $14.00, Hero calls $8.50.

River: ($30.25) T (2 players)
      SB bets $26.07, Hero calls $26.07.

Final Pot: $82.39.
      Results follow:

SB shows three of a kind, nines(9 9).
      Hero shows three of a kind, threes(3 3).

SB wins with three of a kind, nines(9 9).

Is my line ok and is there a way of not going broke here?
  • 2 replies
    • METALzx
      METALzx
      Bronze
      Instead of calling SB's reraise on turn I'd shove because it looks like he's willing to stack off, and there are some draws on the board aswell. If he is somewhat tighter player and you have reads on him you can fold obv.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello jozata,

Flop: The question is why didn't you bet out here? From some point you have to start up the pot and starting betting on flop is the best way to do so. Since there wont be much actions anyway on turn & river because they wont be Calling a lot of streets without an Ace or even better hand, so if they do have an ace on such board then they will be likely Calling here. I'd just bet out since we are so deep and hope them to have it.

As played
      Turn: Now the question is what kind of opponent are we against? Which is his range preflop, PPs, SC, Axs what what is such opponent able to play OOP? Of course our raise is a must here but the question also is with what could he be raising us? Is that opponent able to raise here with 2pair type of hands(so big)? Against some tighter opponent we could consider him to having here a set since he raises so big because I don't really see a lot tight opponent who would start raising so much here with only two pairs, more often just Call our raise and play it passively since we are so deep. So against some passive opponent you could even consider making the weak fold since we are so deep and he could easily have 99, 66 which he just decided to go for Check/Raise (99) on flop and now tries to get value. But if you see this opponent doing also such moves with some kind of A9, A6 type of hands also then you could even consider broke but I don't see that case so often since we are so deep and the villain has to be very bad player to do so or is on tilt.

Just there aren't many hands in his range with what he could take such a line what we beat. I really never see him doing such a raise with only Ax type of hand so therefore I see folding myself on turn to such a raise since we can't Call there and fold on river, either way we have to go directly all-in or just fold.

Best regards.