[NL2-NL10] NL2 BU AKo

• nuxia
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      BU (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is BU with K, A.
      2 folds, MP2 raises to $0.04, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.12, 2 folds, MP2 calls $0.08.

Flop: ($0.27) Q, K, 4 (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets $0.20, MP2 calls $0.20.

Turn: ($0.67) J (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets $0.50, MP2 raises to $1.00, Hero raises to $1.68, MP2 calls $0.68.

River: ($4.03) Q (2 players)

Final Pot: $4.03.

Results follow:

Hero shows two pairs, kings and queens(Kc As).
      MP2 shows a straight, ace high(Ts Ah).

MP2 wins with a straight, ace high(Ts Ah).

Should I have just folded after he raised me?
  • 1 reply
    • funktor
      Hi nuxia!

It is hard to say what hand he might be calling 3-bet. We can assume he is doing that with PP (trying to hit set on flop) or he could be flatting monsters, AK, QQ+ and hoping to stack of to your weaker 1 pair or overpair holding.

It is less likely he is doing that with hands like AT(s), KQs, QJs and he does not have sufficient implied odds for that.

On turn his min raise OOP usually indicates quite a lot of strenght. You are here against sets (KKK, QQQ), overpairs AA, and sometimes str8 or 2 pair and at best you are chopping with AK and I would recommend fold here (especially if he is little bit nitty).

We may as well go for pot control on turn (due to scary board) and try to catch some bluffes on river (missed :heart: FD), but folding to strong overbets there or when flush completed.