This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl4Sh Jj

• RainbowPonny
      RainbowPonny
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $7,66
      CO:
      $9,59

0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.93 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J:spade: , J:diamond:
      Hero raises to $0,16, CO raises to $0,28, 3 folds, Hero calls $0,12.

Flop: ($0,62) 8:diamond: , 5:club: , 4:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,44, CO raises to $0,88, Hero calls $0,44.

Turn: ($2,38) 2:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $2,27, Hero calls $2,27.

River: ($6,92) T:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $4,93, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $11,85

I played this one terribly. But i mean when I call with JJ there I can't much better flops. The flop does not hit his range. He bets so big in the end ( I probably forgot we were deep) I just couldn't call that last bet. I see now that, as played I should have folded on the 2nd barrel, since he probably wont bluff with overcards there.

The thing I don't know is how I should play this pre flop. He 3 bets me so small I simply cannot fold. And the flop is a great one for me so i think atlease one call is ok here.
  • 1 reply
    • funktor
      funktor
      Bronze
      Hi RainbowPonny!

Preflop:
      I like your flat of his minraise for set value here.

Flop:
      I like donking here with overpair to get information. If he raises we are out of hand and should be folding. His range here will be quite strong - QQ+, A:K:
      If we want to see SD we have to pay 2 additional streets and that means whole stack here.

Turn:
      We are playing guessing game here and are mostlikly behind his range and should be folding.

Regards

Funktor