SNG/MTT blog - it will be LEGEN.......DARY

• xfar
      xfar
      Global

About Me:

I'm a very competitive type of guy and probably that's one of the reasons why I play poker and why I want to play it GOOD. I'm from Sofia, Bulgaria and I've been more active in the Bulgarian forums but I decided that I will create a blog here, since my English isn't bad.
      Poker:

I've been playing poker for over a year, but I've never played it the "right"way. I've been playing like a gambler and a donk because it was the easier thing to do, and I ALWAYS made an excuse for myself that it's not me, it was the site that screwed me, and that was the excuse I needed to make a new deposit without having any scruples:s_love: .
      It's no surprise for anybody that I lost a several "bankrolls" which had a total of more than 200$. After my last bust I quit poker and I had been dealing with some other things that didn't involve a lot of focus as well.

Goals:

Ok, three days ago I made my "first" deposit with the intention of crushing the SNGs and MTTs. I started off with 170$ in stars and now I have 200$ and I've been playing 3.3$ 9man SNGs together with some 3.3$ 18man SNGs.
      So I will go ahead and set my goals till the middle of December (15th )
      To play a minimum of 200SNGs
      To cash in atleast 1 MTT or SNG with more than 90ppl(final table)
      To post more hands in the blog so that they can be discussed
      To do some more reading and analysis over my game and read some of the books that people suggested me to read.
      Bring my bankroll to 300$

Bankroll: 200$

VIP Status: Bronze
  • 2 replies
    • Murn90
      Murn90
      Bronze
      Hey.
      Nice start to the blog, and good to see you starting taking it seriously. :)
      A piece of advice, don't set $ goals, cause variance is a bitch and it may affect your play if you need to cash/win to make your bankroll bigger, you might miss some good spots to push or something like that.
      Another thing, the goal about cashing in a tourney/sng with more than 90 people is really bad, cause in tourneys you need to be going after 1st and don't focus on min cashing.

The other goals with posting hands and reading books seems good, and the volume goal is nice. About reading books, it's okay but i recommend watching videos here at ps.com and using hand evaluation forums as well as reading the sng articles - these 3 things is by far the best tools to improve. :)

My 2 cents. Keep it up and keep blogging. :f_cool:
    • xfar
      xfar
      Global
      Hello! I've gone through some very tough variance but at the end I managed to be +EV which was the most important thing. I got one very interesting hand :
      PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 3.4 Tournament, 25/50 Blinds (8 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

CO (t1885)
      THEAWESOMEONE (Button) (t1435)
      SB (t1440)
      BB (t1705)
      UTG (t1215)
      UTG+1 (t1450)
      MP1 (t1455)
      MP2 (t1365)

THEAWESOMEONE's M: 19.13

Preflop: THEAWESOMEONE is Button with Q, Q
      3 folds, MP2 calls t50, 1 fold, THEAWESOMEONE bets t250, 1 fold, BB calls t200, MP2 calls t200

Flop: (t775) 5, 2, 7 (3 players)
      BB checks, MP2 checks, THEAWESOMEONE bets t1185 (All-In), 1 fold, MP2 calls t1115 (All-In)

Total pot: t3005
      Main pot: t3005 between THEAWESOMEONE and MP2, shared by THEAWESOMEONE and MP2 (t1502.50)

Results below:
      THEAWESOMEONE didn't show Q, Q.
      MP2 didn't show
      Outcome: t751.25 returned to THEAWESOMEONEt751.25 returned to MP2

Guess what he had... and what came on the turn and the river :f_eek: ... So what you think, is this the right play or I should've played it otherwise? Thanks
      ops i almost forgot!
      Current Bankroll: 207.04$