$3.39
      MP1:
      $4.68
      MP2:
      $5.05
      BU:
      $2.26

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:diamond: , Q:heart:
      UTG1 calls $0.02, UTG2 folds, MP1 calls $0.02, MP2 calls $0.02, 2 folds, BU calls $0.02, SB folds, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.11) A:spade: , 8:diamond: , 3:club: (5 players)
      Hero bets $0.09, UTG1 raises to $0.20, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.11.

Turn: ($0.51) 4:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG1 bets $0.36, Hero calls $0.36.

River: ($1.23) 9:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG1 bets $0.58, Hero calls $0.58.

Final Pot: $2.39

Results follow (highlight to see):
      UTG1 shows three-of-a-kind, eights (8s 8c)
      Hero shows (Ad Qh)

UTG1 wins with three-of-a-kind, eights (8s 8c)

Our hand strenght is hidden because we only checked - is this play fine? (he gives good odds on the river, but it does look like a value/protection bet throughout his play)
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello p0rkus,

Preflop: I would often consider even raising up it here but it ain't wrong to just Check and play in small pots with such hand since playing TP type of hands with AQ can easily put you into hard spots, as we see in this situation.
      Flop: Bet/Call is reasonable, he can still raise us with a lot of Ax type of hands but usually you have to take into consideration that he could easily have a set here since it's such a multiway pot.
      Turn: Pot control seems the best line here so also Check/Call.
      River: But as we played the hand that passive and he bets into us 3 streets I would even consider just giving it up on river, even though we are getting that great odds. But I don't really see him taking such a line with just Ax type of hand since he was pretty passive preflop, likely has at least 2pairs.

Best regards.