Questions about my game & SSS

• groobie
      groobie
      Bronze
      Hi,

I recently read the articles on SSS and stated playing yesterday. I play on PokerStars at 5c/10c NLHE tables. My bankroll is/was $58. I play exactly according to what they say in the strategy articles. I play 3-6 tables at once and I have enough time to make my decision. After about 600 hands I'm down -$15. I've been told this is normal and I should just grind it out and eventually I will make a profit.

Any comments about the way I play?

I've also noticed other players at the table using SSS and as the articles said I avoid them. However, there are other players who have short stacks but aren't necessarily using SSS, is it ok to play against them?

There are also others who I strongly suspect they are playing SSS, but not exactly as its taught here. For example they won't rebuy when they are under 15BB but rather when they are at 0, they play hand not on the starting hands chart, they call etc. Is it ok to play against these guys?

Lastly, on FullTilt you can't buy in for 20BB at the normal tables but only at the short tables, is it still profitable to play SSS there? Is it better or worse than playing at a normal table like those on Pokerstars?

Thanks for the help!

[img][img]http://d.imagehost.org/0095/Amount_Won_in_USD_over_Hands_Played.png[/img][/img]
  • 4 replies
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by groobie
      Hi,

I recently read the articles on SSS and stated playing yesterday. I play on PokerStars at 5c/10c NLHE tables. My bankroll is/was $58. I play exactly according to what they say in the strategy articles. I play 3-6 tables at once and I have enough time to make my decision. After about 600 hands I'm down -$15. I've been told this is normal and I should just grind it out and eventually I will make a profit.

As long as you play proper SSS strategy against regular players you will have an edge (especially at lower limits) 600 hands is absolutely no sample size and so don't worry about it. just worry about our decision for each hands.

I've also noticed other players at the table using SSS and as the articles said I avoid them. However, there are other players who have short stacks but aren't necessarily using SSS, is it ok to play against them?
      if they dont play SSS it is ok to play against them.

There are also others who I strongly suspect they are playing SSS, but not exactly as its taught here. For example they won't rebuy when they are under 15BB but rather when they are at 0, they play hand not on the starting hands chart, they call etc. Is it ok to play against these guys?
      if they are only small modifications from the strategy taught here they might be more advance players that have modified their game although it is very unlikely at NL10. It is more likely to be bad players trying out different things.

Lastly, on FullTilt you can't buy in for 20BB at the normal tables but only at the short tables, is it still profitable to play SSS there? Is it better or worse than playing at a normal table like those on Pokerstars?
      If you want to play SSS you will have to play on the shallow tables. On the regular tables you have to play BSS or MSS

Also avoid multiple post with the same subject, you could have continued with the previous one you started

GLATT
    • AlCaTrAzzALZ
      AlCaTrAzzALZ
      Bronze
      looking at that graph isn't really helpful, since it's a super tiny sample size... but take a look at the article on Steals and Resteals as it might help you even out your graph a bit...

also, posting graph with SD/NSD is generally more helpful than EV
    • groobie
      groobie
      Bronze
      Thank you both very much!
    • AlCaTrAzzALZ
      AlCaTrAzzALZ
      Bronze
      no problems at all, if you would like to discuss SSS more, check out my blog or feel free to skype me ;)

SSS is high variance poker... downswings happen...

and upswings happen ;)

u'll get used to it after a while ;)