Becoming a HSP - DeMarcohsp's blog

• DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Hi,

You can find me atm at the NL 50 tables on microgaming (though you'll not know when you play against me).

I'll soon update this first post with more details about me, goals and what I focus on atm.
  • 232 replies
    • PaCapona
      PaCapona
      Bronze
      Hey there!

It's funny, you seem to be very much like me :f_biggrin:

Except for the part that I'm playing 90 man Turbo Knockouts. I'm trying to build up a bankroll and move up the limits there. Also reading The Poker Mindset at the moment and trying to improve my game every day. And I have the same problem like you have... I'm studying and can only play poker in the evening, so my goal is to increase the volume... As a result I also wanted to play Rush, but failed at the first try. I'm pretty much a SNG and MTT player.

On what poker site are you playing?
      Maybe we could do some sessions together sometimes?

Love your ambitions and will follow your progress for sure! :f_p:
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      I'm playing at the moment on Full Tilt.
      When I first tried rush I also had a brutal downswing but obviously it was amplified due to my very poor play. If you want to give rush another try you should join the skype rush poker study group :s_biggrin: .

Thanks for the appreciation and maybe we'll sweat together for some fun when I'll give a shot at sng's :f_cool:
    • PaCapona
      PaCapona
      Bronze
      Any post about that rush poker study group on the forum? I might give it another try then.

Sure, just give me a call :s_cool:
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Here it is Rush Poker Study Group :s_cool:
    • cojonel
      cojonel
      Global
      dont go to med uni(u mean medicine no?)!u ll hate ur lifd than...im in this case!cant play more tham 1k hands a day...and this just in weekends...
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      It is that bad ? :s_o: I don't have what else to do, maybe pharmacy but I don't like it that much :f_confused:

I want something that I can rely on if the poker doesn't work out and I don't find many other options.
    • cojonel
      cojonel
      Global
      tons of studying!toooons...romania to!i m from cta u?lots of hard working......
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      I'm from Buzau. It's pretty late for me to change my option.

Can you give me your skype? I would like to talk more about this uni thing :f_confused:
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DeMarcohsp
      It is that bad ? :s_o: I don't have what else to do, maybe pharmacy but I don't like it that much :f_confused:

I want something that I can rely on if the poker doesn't work out and I don't find many other options.
      Uni will take so much of your time and considering what wage you'll have in Romania it is definitely not worth it. Either go study abroad and keep poker as a hobby or stay in Romania, grind your ass off and be a pro.
    • cojonel
      cojonel
      Global
      I'm from Buzau. It's pretty late for me to change my option.

Can you give me your skype? I would like to talk more about this uni thing :f_confused:
      Cojo888 yahoo one!i ll get there when i ll have some free time!what do u mean by saying u can t change ur option?
    • cojonel
      cojonel
      Global
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16

Uni will take so much of your time and considering what wage you'll have in Romania it is definitely not worth it. Either go study abroad and keep poker as a hobby or stay in Romania, grind your ass off and be a pro.
      This guys really knows what he says!! If u remain on med uni going abroad is the best option! But where did u think u re going to study?bucharest?or do u have med in buzau?or cta?( cta means constanta fellows)
    • cojonel
      cojonel
      Global
      Originally posted by cojonel
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16

This guys really knows what he says!! If u remain on med uni going abroad is the best option! But where did u think u re going to study?bucharest?or do u have med in buzau?or cta?( cta means constanta fellows)
      P.s.:sorry for double post but i m writing from my mobile and can t quote properly!
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      The 250 $ it's not doable for me. It meens 6 hours of grinding or around 6.5-7k hands and for the moment that is 2 much for me and my schedule.

Tried it today, played well for the first 3-4k but got very tired after and stopped at almost 6k. I don't think it's worth it. :s_confused:

LE: i'm still going after it :s_biggrin: , i'm getting the 125$ bonus for sure :f_cool:
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      The graph for november - bad month + bad play :f_confused:

My red line is just racing downwards since I started rush from 30k+ or such

Maybe will look for a coaching deal after I play a little more
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      The graph for today

That's the difference between 4 tabling and 3 tabling rush nl 25 sh :f_grin:

I strongly prefer quality over quantity. One more benefit is the fact that I'm analyzing the tricky spots while playing :s_biggrin: .
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      so far this month :

Today run very cold, I didn't really hit any flop but I'm happy with some plays I've made. Now I'm going to analyze my last sessions for a couple of hours or such.

Also watched one of hasenbraten's video and I've noticed that I'm running out of videos on my limit :s_biggrin: , but I'm gonna rewatch a few good feries like : Crushing nl 50, Preflop play , Mathematics in poker (or smth like that, the hasenbraten's series).

That's it for today's post :f_grin: .
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Never seen such a fishy pool, even though the rush week's over and definetely I have to work on my mindset.

I think I'm going to buy a dc account this month :f_cool:
    • utenosmelynas
      utenosmelynas
      Bronze
      Good blog, gl working with mindset :)
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Had some sort of revelation regarding my personal life and it made me much more stronger in my mindset. :f_love:

Played 2.5h today 100% A game and I enjoyed it so much knowing that I was making all the right plays. I also fall in love again with the sensation of playing 100% tilt free :f_love: :f_love:

Also played a more laggish style like 20-21/18-19 :s_cool: Awesome!