High Stakes Poker: Jamie Gold vs. Sam Farha

• 20 replies
    • frzl
      frzl
      Bronze
      what a joke... 15 min for a single hand -.-
      sam farha was one of my favourites at high stakes poker but right now i want to kill him... how can he not stack this "gold donk" in this hand ?
    • aanty2000
      aanty2000
      Bronze
      gold saved money here using his skill of comunication . he made samy have a doubt about his hand and finaly check it . gold wanted a showdown feeling maybe he can beat a lose player like samy
    • mikeymoo
      mikeymoo
      Bronze
      HSP in general is becoming more about the players and less about the poker.

I feel that Jamie's talk essentially told Sammy he had KK, but Sammy unfortunately second-guessed himself.

Knowing that Jamie was likely to call, Sammy should have at least tried to extract some value. I don't see why he would put Jamie on Tx, the only other thing Jamie would talk like this with.
    • frzl
      frzl
      Bronze
      tell me one Tx hand with which gold would just call a preflop raise but check/raise 30k in the dark on the flop -.-
      i really have no idea what farha was thinking in this situation...
    • vladnz
      vladnz
      Bronze
      what a fish GOLD SUXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    • mikeymoo
      mikeymoo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by frzl
      tell me one Tx hand with which gold would just call a preflop raise but check/raise 30k in the dark on the flop -.-
      i really have no idea what farha was thinking in this situation...
      It's Jamie Gold. I wouldn't put it past him to do that with T9s, T8s. -_-;; TT is unlikely, but he might play it like that; who knows.
    • Crazzynesss
      Crazzynesss
      Bronze
      It was painfull to watch, and Farha kept saying he "did him a favour" but he was pretty shaken. He won't stop crying about it for a few episodes I bet. Jamies acting and twisting around was annoyinh too, the stacks are too big for these guys, I don't think they can play their normal game anymore. Seems like they tilt easily, but hey they are the pros.
    • frzl
      frzl
      Bronze
      definately... i wish the 100k buy in would return in the next episode.
      the only guys who look like they "give a shit" about losing 500k are doyle brunson and berry greenstein. all the others are totally scared...

i don´t care about 1mio $ pots when it´s not fun to watch the game anymore.
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      Nah, Greenstein isn't feeling comfortable either I think. Only LaLiberté and maybe Brunson, Esfandiari and Antonius seem to be able to play their normal game without fear or alternating behavior (though Brunson's normal game isn't fit for HSP anyway).

But in general, the show has lost much of it's appeal. It hasn't got a lot to do with poker itself anymore ... on the other hand, this show is a fish generator so I don't mind it keeping on the air. Too many new players thinking "ah, this is how the pros play, let's try the Farha style"

For me, it's not that interesting anymore though.
      Gold's just proving he's essentially a one hit wonder, a decent poker player but nowhere near the level of the other guys. Farha's ATCs style is nice to watch, but I wonder whether he just shouldn't stick to PL Omaha altogether. He's still nice to watch and nowhere near as irritating as Gold though, but I prefer to see him with the "older" crew.
      I still miss the old days of Laak, Hanson, Negreanu, Esfandiari, Matusow, Hellmuth and a Farha would fit in with that crowd
    • frzl
      frzl
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SonicXT
      Esfandiari and Antonius seem to be able to play their normal game without fear or alternating behavior...
      ok forgot antonius. but esfandiari ? i think he is playing no hands at all ^^
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      Originally posted by frzl
      Originally posted by SonicXT
      Esfandiari and Antonius seem to be able to play their normal game without fear or alternating behavior...
      ok forgot antonius. but esfandiari ? i think he is playing no hands at all ^^
      That's normal Esfandiari behavior. If he's playing with ATC maniacs, he just waits for his cards to come.
      He'd do that even if forced to play microlimits :D
    • nevermind7777
      nevermind7777
      Bronze
      And that´s why he loves that country.
    • helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Bronze
      i think jamie gold is a good player. I do so, because i think hes a little douche bag, and everyone thinks so. He still knows odds, and knows how to play cards, but his reputation is very bad. Theryby, ive seen him have some nice reads.

He mad Farha tell what hand he had, whil farha is the loosest guy ever. To make it more appealing, they should raise the blinds, because the odds of some holdings are just too good now (see the aj hand, with normal blinds aj wouldve been a fold preflop, now he got odds preflop and on the flop. Its easy for guys like farha to play for 2pairvalue in this format too. Any two cards is possibly a monster, and aa/kk/qq are kinda bad holdings.
    • Crazzynesss
      Crazzynesss
      Bronze
      I'd like to see Helmuth (not sure if thats spelled right) back, cuz I love it when he loses a pot. I haven't really seen his tournament play which I have to assume is brilliant considering his reputation but everytime I see him in cash games I can't help laughing. His ego is the size of the sun, he insults players and his face looks like it was made out of proportion, good tv.
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      hellmuth has been on HSP before.. yes his blowups are pretty funny :P . I think we need matusow as well though... now for someone willing to stake him 500000$ :P
    • undercover82
      undercover82
      Bronze
      That hand was pathetic :D . Gold was all that happy and acting cool at the beginning , with the check/raise in the dark and stuff when he thought he is ahead , and when he realized he is screwed he was almost begging for farha to call down. I wonder what Brunson who was next to Gold was thinking about this pussy behaviour :D
    • sismis
      sismis
      Bronze
      hellmuth is more tournament then cash player so im not sure if he is ready to risk that much money?
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      Originally posted by undercover82
      That hand was pathetic :D . Gold was all that happy and acting cool at the beginning , with the check/raise in the dark and stuff when he thought he is ahead , and when he realized he is screwed he was almost begging for farha to call down. I wonder what Brunson who was next to Gold was thinking about this pussy behaviour :D
      Brunson suggested in episode 14 that Farha was sleeping with Gold :D
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      sismis, hellmuth lost 537?k to phil ivey in chinese poker in the period of not-long... search youtube if you want