[NL2-NL10] Advice on playing 2 pair.

• Edukator99
      Edukator99
      Bronze
      Playing 2 on Poker Stars at .05/.10 and am unbelievably down -28.54 when I hit 2 pair. I'm only down .96 over the hands so this is a major leak. This seems completely out of whack. 2 pair should be a pretty strong hand shouldn't it?

Any advice?
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Edukator99,

Strategy is discussed here:
      No Limit Strategy Discussion

But about 2pair type of hands I can only say that no, they aren't the best one and people tend to have a lot leaks in them while they usually overplay them, as I see that's the case in your situations, post hands from PT.

Get the hand from your database and convert it on our site with the converter:
      PokerStrategy Hand-Converter

Or if that converter doesn't work then try this one:
      [INVALID EMAIL]

Best regards.
    • Edukator99
      Edukator99
      Bronze
      Ok, this fits my concerns about playing suited connectors and 2 pair in one hand.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)

Known players:
      MP2:
      $2.43
      MP3:
      $1.35
      CO:
      $5.15
      BU:
      $7.13
      SB:
      $5.44
      BB (Hero):
      $4.54
      MP1:
      $5.00

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9, 8.
      5 folds, SB raises to $0.30, Hero calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.6) A, 8, 9 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.30, Hero calls $0.30.

Turn: ($1.2) 6 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.50, Hero raises to $3.94, SB calls $3.44.

Final Pot: $9.08.

Opponent is unknown. I have 10 hands of history and he had min raised me on a dry flop when I had QJs 5 hands before. I folded my two connected over cards to the flop... maybe I should post that hand...as I had no history on the guy.

Anyway was I too aggressive?

He'd raised from SB so I called with the suited connectors. When I hit 2 pair on flop I simply called as I thought it was a CBET or he had an Ace. Didn't think he'd have 2 spades. I went all in on the turn as the board was straightening. I had him on an Ace and I thought he'd either fold or donk call as it might look like a massive bluff.

Bad idea to go all in there or not?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Edukator99,

Please next time post a next hand into new thread so we will see that there is a new hand. :)

Buy-in for full stack.

But to the hand, I would likely just raise it up on flop and hope him to have a weaker Ax type of hand and get protection from any kind of draw. And then likely shove on turn.

As played the shove is way too big, he can sometimes even fold a weak Ace here.

Best regards.
    • Edukator99
      Edukator99
      Bronze
      Yeah I think I should have raised I guess...decided to get tricky and slow play but then changed my mind on turn.

As it turned out he hit a 6 on the turn and I lost everything.

I have to chalk this up to a bad beat tho as I was a 79% favourite on the flop... and he had only 6 outs.