NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      SB ($66.70)
      BB ($47.90)
      UTG ($63.65)
      UTG+1 ($55.60)
      Hero ($110)
      BTN ($78.75)

Dealt to Hero A:spade: A:club:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $1.75, BTN raises to $6, fold, fold, Hero raises to $13.75, BTN calls $7.75

FLOP ($28.25) T:spade: J:spade: 3:club:

Hero bets $15, BTN calls $15

TURN ($58.25) T:spade: J:spade: 3:club: J:diamond:

Hero bets $50, BTN calls $50 (AI)

RIVER ($158) T:spade: J:spade: 3:club: J:diamond: 5:diamond:

Villain reg 18/15,2 wts 19, 686 hands
      Is our 4b big enough to give villain bad odds for set mining? He must call $7.75 with effective stacks of $72.75 ($65 after the call) so getting less than 10:1?

(I also bet this amount as a bluff).

As played, can/should we get away on the turn? I assume villain never has Jx, so - in terms of hands that beat us - we are up against only TT/33 (and unlikely quads) whereas I guess villain can also have QQ/KK here.

If we decide to go with our hand, there is no reason to check, I suppose?

thanks
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      I don't mind how you played the hand other than the 4bet size (if you assume that QQ and Kk are part of his calling range). I think this deep we can add a few big blinds at least (his 3bet is also on the bigger side at 12 bbs).

A player like him could also occasionally have some FDs (AQss and maybe AKss).
    • falcone1983
      falcone1983
      Bronze
      16.00 preflop.

If you think he never has Jx here, the turn is about the best card in the deck, so you should shove.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I would 4-bet oop 15$. it isn´t that big difference, but since you´re deep I guess you don´t want to play oop, so my standard both 4-bet bluff and value hands are 15$
      You´re pot committed to that board so not really getting away on the turn, so best to try to think how we can get rest of his money when we´re ahead.
      I think he isn´t going to call our turn shove worse hands that QQ+ (and if he is really scared money he might also fold there QQ, so considering that I would either bet again 15$ and shove river or c/rai. I expect him to shove most draws on the flop, since pot is too large to call flop and shove over your turn bet, but some players might float even with KsQs hoping that scare card would come and you´re b/f or first want to make their hand. Second if he calls pf with TT/JJ, he might also call with 99/88/T9s and having pair without any K/A on the board he might call once and fold to turn shove. So best give him option to either check back with his 2 outs and bet river 25$ or shove and ofcourse he can always shove himself. Also if he floats once with AQ/AK with backdoor flushdraw I think he would likely bet turn himself to force out our AK/AQ or smt like A3 that we decided to 4-bet bluff with