What's realistic

• Edukator99
      Edukator99
      Bronze
      Struggling with my play at the moment....but what's realistic?

I've gone through 2 huge swings play .05/.10 with maximum 50BB buy in. (So $2-$5 stacks. Up as high as 8, down -9, back up to +18, down to -0.96 in 2500 hands.

Is my understanding that 2 big bets per hour is 4 excellent play? A big bet is 2x the big blind right? So realistically I should make 40 cents an hour which means to climb from $50.00 to the next level of bank roll for the next level - which is 120.00 would take.. 175 hours. Or... 5 weeks at 30 hours per week.

Am I calculating this correctly? If so...I don't dedicating that kind of time to making 40 cents an hour. :P
  • 9 replies
    • Royaltramp
      Royaltramp
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Edukator99
      Struggling with my play at the moment....but what's realistic?

I've gone through 2 huge swings play .05/.10 with maximum 50BB buy in. (So $2-$5 stacks. Up as high as 8, down -9, back up to +18, down to -0.96 in 2500 hands.

Is my understanding that 2 big bets per hour is 4 excellent play? A big bet is 2x the big blind right? So realistically I should make 40 cents an hour which means to climb from $50.00 to the next level of bank roll for the next level - which is 120.00 would take.. 175 hours. Or... 5 weeks at 30 hours per week.

Am I calculating this correctly? If so...I don't dedicating that kind of time to making 40 cents an hour. :P
      I can't tell you what you should expect but I can say that yes at smaller limits you're not going to be earning even anywhere near minimum wage - but that's not the point, at lower limits you pick up vital skills, you learn strategy for your chosen type of game, and you improve and improve until you move up limits.

Eventually you will learn to multi-table, meaning 2-16x profit (or even more) depending on the amount of tables you are able to play successfully - and along with this, as you'll have moved up to a higher bankroll and higher limits you will make more.

Also, maybe I misread but.. why are you playing 10NL using BSS with $50? If you want to play 10NL with just $50 you should be using SSS, otherwise you should stick to 2NL.
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      Well big bets are used in fixed limit not in no limit games. In no limit on NL10 you can have a winrate of 10bb/100 hands pretty easy considering its very fishy, which means 1$ per 100 hands and if you multi table 4 tables or something you make 4$ per hour.
    • Edukator99
      Edukator99
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Royaltramp

Also, maybe I misread but.. why are you playing 10NL using BSS with $50? If you want to play 10NL with just $50 you should be using SSS, otherwise you should stick to 2NL.
      Stupid question here...but does 10NL mean the big blind is 10 cents? And if that's the case....you're right I'm playing outside bankroll managment aren't I? Problem is I find SSS super boring...and poker stars doesn't go lower than .05/.10 limit.

I guess full tilt does...so I could go over there..

Here's another concern I have about dropping limits. Players are crazy. Seems like many people just have no idea what they're doing which is good in theory but if people are constantly raising, all in on nothing....it's incredibly difficult to win or learn anything about good play isn't it? HOw do you handle tables where there are so many people playing so randomly?
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      Well if people are crazy and go broke with anything its quite obvious. Wait for your hand and stack them grind out the micros and you won't have that problems with making easy money from the fish and will be mostly be playing with good regs which is definetly a better way to make money considering the fish are so bad & crazy :)
    • Backcushion
      Backcushion
      Bronze
      Hello,
      As far as I know pokerstars offers NL2 which should give you enough buyins to play BSS FR there.
    • Edukator99
      Edukator99
      Bronze
      Can anyone else confirm that? I can't find NL2 there.

Dumb question again. If limits of .05/.10 are called NL10 then what is are limits of $5/$10 called?
    • Backcushion
      Backcushion
      Bronze
      Nl1K.
      The NL10,NL25 is called by the maximum buyin you buy-in to table.So at NL10 max stack is 10 and blinds 0,5/0,10.

To find NL2,make sure you have micro selected from the above tabs,use the holdem filter and choose maximum/minimum buyin to 0,01/0,02.
    • Edukator99
      Edukator99
      Bronze
      So...I guess I'm playing NL5? I'm playing .05/.10 at a maximum buy in of 25 the BB which is $5

Ok, found it...had to hit reset on the filters for some reason. Thanks
    • Backcushion
      Backcushion
      Bronze
      No you are playing NL10 but shallow tables

Shallow tables will let you buyin for 50bb,this is midstack strategy
      Normal tables will let you buyin for 100bb,this is normal BSS
      Deepstack tables are 250bb and you need to experienced to play those