almost feels like winning when you monster the comeback

• pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      ok so i was playing 3 tables with this guy/girl ( i dont know) for around 7-8 hours we were playing pot limit omaha .50c/$1, ok ill get to the point after a very short time i was down $325 things led on maybe i went on tilt but i was stuck $642, i could really complain about many bad beats or really anything i was just playing bad and my opponent was calling off nearly every bluff i made, i was too busy trying to make the pots big so i had a chance at getting some dollars back, so at the peak of my disaster i said to my opp im going to get a drink be back in a minute yano yourself i needed to get away from the tables for a little bit, credit to my oppenent didnt run away wth the winnings ( probaly because i was playing so bad, but that was about to change)

so i thought i was playing so loose and my opp was picking me apart i figured the only way i could get him was to keep on check raising, even if there was draws available i checked it to them and i bounced back, so after the 7-8 hours of play i had a profit of $17,

well here is my point i feel great, i only earned a $17 profit for 7-8 hours play but it almost feels like i won $600, me friend is giving me some stick because he says i played for so long and i only got $17 but it feeeeeels good should i feel like ive won or should i just feel lucky i got it back,

here is a hand from the game its kinda a turning point hand, i dont know how to use the hand evaluater so ill just copy and paste the hand history and take my opp's name out in case they are a pokerstratgist,

PokerStars Game #****112568: Omaha Pot Limit ($0.50/$1.00 USD) - 2010/11/28 17:06:01 ET
      Table 'Ialmenus II' 2-max Seat #2 is the button
      Seat 1: hero($100 in chips)
      Seat 2: villan($357.50 in chips)
      villan: posts small blind $0.50
      hero: posts big blind $1
      HOLE CARDS > hero [2 :diamond: 8 :club: 9 :diamond: 10 :club: ]
      villan: raises $2 to $3
      hero: calls $2
      *** FLOP *** ( 7 :club: 9 :club: A :diamond: )
      hero: checks
      villan: bets $5
      calls: calls $5
      *** TURN *** ( 7 :club: 9 :club: A :diamond: ) ( A :heart:)
      hero: checks
      villan: bets $9
      hero: calls $9
      *** RIVER *** ( 7 :club: 9 :club: A :diamond: ) ( A :heart:) ( 6 :club: )
      hero: bets $18
      villan: raises $39
      hero: re raises $60
      villan: calls $21
      *** SHOW DOWN ***
      villan: shows [A :spade: K :spade: K :diamond: 7 :spade:] ( A full house A :spade: A :heart: A :diamond: 7 :spade: 7 :club: )
      hero shows: [2 :diamond: 8 :club: 9 :diamond: 10 :club: ] (straight flush 6 :club: 7 :club: 8 :club: 9 :club: 10 :club:)
      hero collected **** from pot
      *** SUMMARY ***

facking nice way to come back to the table, normaly i probaly would of raised the flop to get it all in there and then but i actualy but him of trip aces on the flop so then when the turn popped an ace i got a bit scared but the river was a nice gift from the poker gods,

there is a few interesting hands i cant be bothered writing them because its effort if i knew how the have evaluater worked i would put alot of them up ( does it work for omaha) there is one hand were i flopped to sets and my opp flopped top set a very strange hand,

but i liked my comeback and i will be hopfully playing this same person again because very exciting game i had with them although they dont talk much

:spade: :heart: :diamond: :club:
  • 17 replies
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      "i was too busy trying to make the pots big so i had a chance at getting some dollars"

this sounds terrible. What if you kept losing. Sounds like a recipe for going broke.
    • pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      Originally posted by elhh82
      "i was too busy trying to make the pots big so i had a chance at getting some dollars"

this sounds terrible. What if you kept losing. Sounds like a recipe for going broke.
      this my point man i was on major tilt and i dont know why because no bad beats were going down i was just completely playing like a donk, until i left the table and actualy thought about how stupid and blatently obvious i was playing did i just stop and played the opposite,

I HAVE TILT PROBLEMS, but im working on the mindset
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      lol great read...

But you have some serious issues about your mindset...
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      contdown to busto in 3.... 2....
    • bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      you should probably set a stop-loss limit of 3BI or something, especially since you know you tilt easy
    • pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      Originally posted by alejandrosh
      no doubt man ive busted countless times but usualy only small bust like 50,100 or 200$ but i deposted 900 euro ( c present) into my pokerstars account and i have $2,489 all ive played is cash games no doubt i could get a swing and lose it but i play 8 hours ( at least) a day and i see it more as a learning experience, loads of pro's have busted there first few trys and then hit the nail on the head i see my self going the same way as hastings ( to a degree) i dont mean winning millions but yano, i have an aim of 5k... probaly a big aim for me but i want to get to 5k so i can take out 2.5k and put ti in full filt/ ladbrokes so i can get to platnium one day to develop as a player with articles etc, i know i probaly sound like a fish or what ever losing a big bit then getting it back but this was one session, look at durrrr, ziigmund, phil galfond there all great omaha players and they've lost big in long sessions to then win it back ( i would say gus hansen aswell but you all say he is a fish)

i reaaly reckon my heads up PLO game is getting so much stronger if i could work on my mindset and lose my aggression( i dont mean betting alot i mean mentality) i'd be a much better player, ive been teaching a friend of mine how to play plo and i think teaching him is making me a better player trying to highlight the possible disater hands, ive had alot of them but maybe just maybe i am isildur1
    • bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      if you're playing PLO HU with 25 BI then

• pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      Originally posted by bradomurder
      if you're playing PLO HU with 25 BI then

elaborate
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
    • bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      well I haven't played much PLO to be honest, word on the street though is that you need 40-50BI to even play full ring because you're often getting your whole stack in with small edges.

and even HU NLHE you want to have 30BI at the very least
    • pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      well in theory i have 50 BI at what i play also i play alot of cap plo ( although i havent played cap in a long time) and i dont play ring games for plo cause its a bit of a joke, playing plo is very easy not to get priced in like if i flop the nuts say a ace high flush and my opp raises< thats not an automatic re raise heads up < he could easily have a smaller flush so just chill and get paid on the river, and if the board pair's and you put him on a house then just fold......... i do sometimes go in gunsblasing and you can lose atlot of BI by going all in on the flop but ive started to play more river omaha then you can really determine if you have it, the two largets pots ive ever lost ( ptr says) i flopped the nuts both times and got it all in on the flop then lost to a bad beat so after i watched the durr challenge ( durr and ziiggggggyyy) i watched it maybe 50 times it really shows how to play HU i think anyway, ive been watching alot of phil galfonds play and he doesnt go all in much yet he wins so much,

so maybe alot of people lose alot of stacks (me) on the smaller stakes cause they under value there hands like flopping straights and going all in a flopped straight only gets you in trouble,

like a board 567
      and a fish holds 48
      easily they go all in every time

i wouldnt even go all in with 89 in this spot inless i had a redraw

all you have to do is maximise your potential
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      interesting theories pogodon, what's your stars screenname?
    • gedwashere91
      gedwashere91
      Bronze
      Originally posted by chenny8888
      interesting theories pogodon, what's your stars screenname?
      chenny hunting for easy pickings on PLO tables :P
    • bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      You should never sacrifice EV to lower variance, unless playing outside of BRM. and if you think you can play in such a way that 25BI at HU PLO is good BRM, you're wrong. sorry to be blunt, but you should have closer to 50BI

yeah i thought chenny was too much of a rolla for .5-$1 stakes
    • pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      Originally posted by bradomurder
      You should never sacrifice EV to lower variance, unless playing outside of BRM. and if you think you can play in such a way that 25BI at HU PLO is good BRM, you're wrong. sorry to be blunt, but you should have closer to 50BI

yeah i thought chenny was too much of a rolla for .5-$1 stakes
      if you bothered to read it all i said i play 50 BI as i only buy in to the table to 50 squid and im
    • Ribbo
      Ribbo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pogodon

*** RIVER *** ( 7 :club: 9 :club: A :diamond: ) ( A :heart:) ( 6 :club: )
      hero: bets $18
      villan: raises $39
      hero: re raises $60
      villan: calls $21
      You tilt me so much by not jamming the river after you get raised. It's so obvious villain has a strong hand (this is a value raise looking for a call). You should have shoved all in as I expect a call 100% of the time from hands that put small river raises in. :f_mad:
    • pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      i meant all in but my raise bar is different then on full tilt so it raised that and not all in ?(