downswing

• AgentM
      AgentM
      Silver
      I just moved from fixed limit to no limit. I started along time ago with 30$ capital and made it to 1000k playing fixed limit shorthand than had a big downsing and now I started playing NL25 at pokerstars with a 750$ capital and in 10k hand I'm loosin 160$...... only my QQ are loosing 30$.....lost like 15 all ins preflop in a row....I'm folowing the chart and I use pokertracker to find the fishes and stay away from other SSS......

Is this normal? 160$ down in 10k hand on NL25? I just loose....allways ?(
  • 3 replies
    • Jan217
      Jan217
      Silver
      If somone has a 3bet of 2% dont go broke with QQ just because a chart tells you to. Otherwise from what I hear sss has mega varience, and if your EV is in the plus dont worry too much about it. Also are you staying away from other sss'ers or just people who play with small stacks? plenty fish buy in with the minimum and you definately want to play with them. Id say move down to NL10 and play there until you have a good sample size that shows you are beating it and then move back up.
    • pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      ok when im reading this one big huge thing stands out to me, you made $1000 playing fixed limit, yes then why the flip change to no limit,

if its not broke dont fix it, if you can clean up on FL just keep playing it
    • AgentM
      AgentM
      Silver
      Well with fixed limit i wasn't making any progres in moths....couldn't break the 1k limit. I reach 1k than got down to 700$ than 1k again and back to 700$. So i decided to move. I will continue to play this strategy and if i loose 200$ more i will move down a limit. I have 300$ in FFP to colect so I'm not worried. I hope it will go up.

And yes. I rank the players that i have more than 200 hands against or that show obvious signs of player tipe and give them colours in player notes (like red colour for SSS, yellow for looser playes, blue for fishes,...) so I is easy to spot when to leave a table.....I used these rankings in FL :D