This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] FR NL25 - I know it's a long shot but...

• Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      There goes a very longshot. Is it profitable?

No Limit Hold'em
      Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
      Stacks
      Hero: $39.45
      MP2: $15.20

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is UTG+1 with 8 :heart: 9 :heart:
      1 fold, Hero calls, UTG+2 raises to $0.75, 1 fold, 1 call, 2 folds, SB calls, BB folds, Hero calls.

I was OOP, but there were a few callers so I decided to see the flop.

Flop: J :diamond: 7 :spade: Q :spade: ($3.25, 4 players)
      1 check, Hero bets $2.80, 1 fold, MP2 calls, 1 fold

I know, I know, a very longshot for that T, even better if it's not the T :spade: . But If I made my draw it would be a very unlikely draw and I could end up stacking someone, or maybe win the pot right there. But I've been thinking. Would this bet here be profitable in the long run?

Turn: T :club:( $8.85, 2 players)
      Hero bets $6, MP2 raises to $11.65 and is all-in, Hero calls 5.65

Miracle T... and it's not a spade. No more comments.

River: T :spade:( $32.15, 2 players)

Dude, another T?? One was enough! :D
  • 4 replies
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      Open fold PF. As played it might just about be OK to call the raise if enough of your opponents have full-stacks as UTG+2 could have a decent hand and your bet closes the action PF.

The flop is an easy c/f since your draw is worth very little. You could even be drawing dead on this flop. This is a very bad spot to be bluffing.
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      I only called preflop because not only my call closes the action preflop, but there were already 3 players to see the flop, it was not much more to call and see the flop, and the other players had decent stacks, MP2 had $15.20 and the other two guys had more than a full buy-in. So I figure I got decent implied odds to call here.

As for my play post-flop, well, very unconventional :D

I usually don't do it, but since I did it. I'd like to know if it can be profitable.
    • Peter87
      Peter87
      Bronze
      preflop call is okay, but flop is c/f. Your move just burns money.
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      Hmm... thought so. Thx!