Stop-Loss Limits in SnG's

• wlcKeD
      Hello Everyone,

In Poker Strategy article section there is this great article about Stop-Loss Limits, but, unfortunately, it is more for cash games, and not SnG's, so ...

I have always wondered, what is Your stop-loss limit when playing SnG's?
      I mean, how do You decide when is the right time to stop session? How many SnG's do You afford to lose, or win, to call it a day? Especially when playing 6-handed, or HU?

What would be the most reasonable number for You of lost SnG's and also won SnG's to finish the session/day?

Thanks for the answers!

:spade: :heart: :diamond: :club:
  • 2 replies
    • MatejM47
      Well there is no general answer to the since stop loss limit is mostly player dependant. If you know you start to tilt after you lose 10 SnGs you should stop playing and take a break for as long as you need. Some people need 15 mins, some need an hour and some have to take a day to calm down and stop tilting.

You should know yourself well enough to know when you start to tilt and how long you need to calm down.
    • elhh82
      depends on yourself.

I stop and go for a walk.. have some chocolate.. watch some tv once I feel tilted.. if i'm still feeling good.. it doesn't matter if I had a 20 BI losing streak. I would rather just keep playing and ride out the swing with volume rather than stop for the day.

For someone else, a stop loss limit might be a good idea, but it also would depend on your bankroll.. If you have 100 buy-ins, then a loss of 10 BI probably won't hurt you too much, but if you only have 40, then 10 is a big loss.

I think what is most important is to always have a good idea of your mood, and if you're playing your A/B/C/D/E game at the point. If you're no longer capable of playing well, you don't have to wait until the stop loss to quit.