Stop-Loss Limits in SnG's

• wlcKeD
      wlcKeD
      Bronze
      Hello Everyone,

In Poker Strategy article section there is this great article about Stop-Loss Limits, but, unfortunately, it is more for cash games, and not SnG's, so ...

I have always wondered, what is Your stop-loss limit when playing SnG's?
      I mean, how do You decide when is the right time to stop session? How many SnG's do You afford to lose, or win, to call it a day? Especially when playing 6-handed, or HU?

What would be the most reasonable number for You of lost SnG's and also won SnG's to finish the session/day?

Thanks for the answers!

:spade: :heart: :diamond: :club:
  • 6 replies
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      I don't know, I try not to think about how bad I'm running while playing sngs.

table ninja helps a ton
    • Fagin
      Fagin
      Bronze
      Failed to cash in 23 out of 27 yesterday.

Bubbled in 15, each time by making the mistake of putting all my chips in with the best hand so that my opponent got the wrong odds to call for his runner, runner draw - not that that would stop any of them of course lol.

I even had someone call for all but 20 chips with the blinds at 200/400 with 2 under cards to the flop against my top set and he hit his double belly buster draw to win. Thats how it goes in the micros. I'd like to say that I get used to it ......... but that would be a lie!

I quit after that and won't play again until tonight.
    • wlcKeD
      wlcKeD
      Bronze
      Originally posted by alejandrosh

table ninja helps a ton
      Well then do you think about how good you're running? :D
      I mean, seriously, how many SnG's does it take for you to win to call it a day?

• alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      I really don't have a clue if I'm winning or losing. unless I'm on sick (boom/doom)switch

since stop losses exist to prevent you from tilting I don't think someone else can answer this for you.
    • wasy8
      wasy8
      Black
      Originally posted by wlcKeD

table ninja helps a ton

back when i played SNGs its far easier to not think at all about how much you're up/down, its way easier for SNGs than cash since all you see is your tournament chips fluctuating rather than real money values on the table. i played 9 tables continuous for hours on end tho so it was pretty easy to not think about how much i was up/down.

its much easier to just set a number of games if youre registering in sets, or a set time to play (say, after 2 hours you stop loading games if you play continous) rather than thinking at all about your results. successful poker, when you are playing within your BRM is much easier when you can disconnect yourself from the money you deal with.
    • wlcKeD
      wlcKeD
      Bronze
      Originally posted by wasy8
      Originally posted by wlcKeD

table ninja helps a ton

back when i played SNGs its far easier to not think at all about how much you're up/down, its way easier for SNGs than cash since all you see is your tournament chips fluctuating rather than real money values on the table. i played 9 tables continuous for hours on end tho so it was pretty easy to not think about how much i was up/down.

its much easier to just set a number of games if youre registering in sets, or a set time to play (say, after 2 hours you stop loading games if you play continous) rather than thinking at all about your results. successful poker, when you are playing within your BRM is much easier when you can disconnect yourself from the money you deal with.

Nice opinion, thx! :)