Ak

• ceallaigh1984
      ceallaigh1984
      Global
      Hey folks,i play poker on ladbrokes,do well enough over all but am having severe problems when i get AK.I have now kept a count of how its gone recently and of the last 40 times i have got it(not including when i raise and everyone else folds) i have only one the hand once and i am going down to the river alot now just because i cant believe what is happening.its tilting me majorly.I am getting the impression like the site is setting me up or something.i know that sounds stupid but this is just unbelievable.I am seriously considering just folding everytime i get that hand in future as i am making a big loss from that starting hand.

Just wondering does anyone have any advice on it or the same problem.sorry if i come across as moaning but its really getting to me now.thanks for any replys
  • 5 replies
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      Well going to showdown just to see how he sucked out on you when you know your beat is just plain stupid. Maybe the problem is with you not with the hand?
    • chilliyen
      chilliyen
      Gold
      AK is over rated.

If you don't hit the flop, it's just Ace high. Drop it like a stone, unless you have a good feeling your opponent will fold to a conti-bet of course. Any resistance, fold........ You'll save alot of money & heartache.

People make the mistake of falling in love with it.

Hope I ain't stating the obvious too much.
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      Originally posted by chilliyen
      AK is over rated.

If you don't hit the flop, it's just Ace high. Drop it like a stone, unless you have a good feeling your opponent will fold to a conti-bet of course. Any resistance, fold........ You'll save alot of money & heartache.

People make the mistake of falling in love with it.

Hope I ain't stating the obvious too much.
      I came in here to say exactly that. So yeah, listen to him :)
    • wasy8
      wasy8
      Black
      getting caught up in your hand's preflop value on postflop streets will cost you money.
    • jass1960
      jass1960
      Bronze
      Originally posted by wasy8
      getting caught up in your hand's preflop value on postflop streets will cost you money.
      +1 what he said :D