WH points to SP points ratio?

• 6 replies
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Hi fastroller

Do you know how many William Hill points you produce per raked dollar?

because I found this on the William Hill page of Poker Strategy:
      In addition, through PokerStrategy.com you get a 200% up to $600 bonus at William Hill and also receive 5 StrategyPoints for every dollar of rake you produce
    • fastroller
      fastroller
      Bronze
      Yes I think its 30 William HIll points per $1 rake so converting it to strategy points thats 6 william hill points per strategy point thanks man.
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      The 6 William Hill points for 1 StrategyPoints just applies to tournament and SnG players.

For cashgame players it is not that easy to answer, because the William Hill points depends on your gamestyle as well. If you play tighter you get less points. If you play super monkey loose style you will get much more points per $ rake.

Cheers,
      Hannes
    • Ebbnflow
      Ebbnflow
      Bronze
      I've been talking to WH about this today. I'm just playing NL2 cash games and was working on the theory that I need 1500 WH points to generate $50 rake and clear my deposit. But it's not that simple. The rake is $0.01 per $0.15 in the pot at NL2 and NL4, but the WH points awarded works on a weird sliding scale. So as of yesterday I've generated 730.8 WH points but only $16.39 in rake.

So you can't work out one from the other. Best bet is to go into online chat every now and then and ask them what your rake figure is.
    • Royaltramp
      Royaltramp
      Bronze
      Semi-related, and didn't think it was worth starting a new thread for this.

I started playing 2 days ago through PS, got my starting capital then and I'm now up to 42.5 WH points, however I still have 0 SP on here - is it just that SP only updates at certain times, or is 42.5 points not enough? Or something else?

• HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Royaltramp,

You received the first points for the 4th already. Just go to this site, where the points are displayed.

In general points are updated once a day. However sometimes we do not get the points in time so it might be a little bit delayed.

Best regards,
      Hannes