$50 Question

• andyk007
      andyk007
      Bronze
      Hi all :)

I passed the quiz today and am currently waiting for ID verification.

Just a quick question please...

I registered for a Pokerstars account and just wondered how the system works with regard to the free $50 starting bankroll? Do I need to earn $50 on top of this before I can cash out? What happens if (touch wood it doesnt) I lost the whole $50, would I never be able to cash out of Pokerstars until I have at least $50 in there again? Would this also mean I owed you $50 until it was built up again?

Also, does it mean that rakeback isnt possible due to using the promo code from pokerstrategy when sigining up?

Just curious as not done this before!

Thank you
  • 4 replies
    • Hadi
      Hadi
      Bronze
      Hey there and welcome!

First of all: You will under no circumstances owe us money for the $50 capital :) This is an investment we take in all new users since we believe that our educational content gives you an edge - which in turn means profit for us.

As for your specific question regarding Stars: You have 90 days to reach 500 VPP (VIP Player Points). As soon as you do, you will also be able to cash out. If you don't manage to reach the 500VPP in time, the starting capital or any remainders will be deducted.

Best regards,

Hadi
    • Royaltramp
      Royaltramp
      Bronze
      Originally posted by andyk007
      Hi all :)

I passed the quiz today and am currently waiting for ID verification.

Just a quick question please...

I registered for a Pokerstars account and just wondered how the system works with regard to the free $50 starting bankroll? Do I need to earn $50 on top of this before I can cash out? What happens if (touch wood it doesnt) I lost the whole $50, would I never be able to cash out of Pokerstars until I have at least $50 in there again? Would this also mean I owed you $50 until it was built up again?

Also, does it mean that rakeback isnt possible due to using the promo code from pokerstrategy when sigining up?

Just curious as not done this before!

Thank you
      I'm new too, but it should tell you on the page where it gave you the Pokerstars download link and information on registering. I believe, though I may be wrong, that for every 170 FPP you earn (through playing hands with cash) $10 of your $50 is unlocked and can be withdrawn, and once you hit 500 FPP the entire $50 is unlocked. Until then you can play with, lose and win money, at no cost. Obviously though you can't get another free $50, so make the most of it.

I believe any profit on top of the $50 is instantly available, so if you were to win up to $100 before reaching even 170 FPP (unlikely unless you ignore bankroll rules etc) you would have $50 available for withdrawal, and $50 that cannot be withdrawn just yet.

I believe you have 90 days from receiving the cash to having to reach 500 FPP in order to keep it, otherwise it is removed from your balance.

Hope this helps, but this is my first post here so I'm just going by what I've read, if I'm wrong, someone please correct me.

Edit: Looks like someone beat me to it. :)
    • andyk007
      andyk007
      Bronze
      Thats great, thank very much for the responses, much appreciated and much clearer now :)

Just one thing...is it still possible to get rakeback or will that now not be possible?

Thanks
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi andyk007 & welcome to the community, good to see you join us.

PokerStars doesn't provide rakeback in the truest sense of the word (% of your rake directly returned as cash).

Like other poker rooms however, it provides a form of rakeback via it's VIP scheme.

The higher your (PokerStars) status, the higher % effective return you will receive. These take the form of cash/bonuses, special freerolls & other events, player points which can be exchanged for bonuses, tournaments, clothing, poker related items or even luxury cars/motorcycles (the last of these is probably one for the nose bleed stakes only).

Don't forget that in addition to PokerStars own promotions, you will also gain PokerStrategy points for all your poker play on tracked accounts. These determine your forum status and open up additional educational material such as strategy articles, videos and free live coaching sessions etc.

PokerStrategy also run community events for members across various platforms.

I think all in all you will enjoy it here and we look forward to seeing you up & running in due course.

Any questions or further clarification needed, don't hestitate to shout ;)

Welcome once again, good luck & best regards,

Bart