Hey

• Royaltramp
      Royaltramp
      Bronze
      I'm Matt, I'm 18, from South East England, and I just wanted to say hey to everyone here. I recently made my first cash deposit for online poker at PartyPoker, however, after profiting a fair amount by following proper bankroll guidelines etc, I lost a small amount due to variance (I mean tiny, like $0.50 or $1) and went on tilt, I ended up completely ignoring my bankroll and going up to buyins as high as half my total cash.

Within 30 minutes I'd lost all my investment and was angry at myself from bad play. So, after my friend showed me this site, I've taken some time to study the guides here and elsewhere over the last few weeks, including tips on avoiding tilt, and how to fix variance leaks I had in my original play.

I completed the quiz, made a PokerStars account, and am currently waiting for the site to verify the ID photos I sent in, but I figured I'd sign up already as this seems a great place to meet other poker players, new and old alike, and learn more about mastering the game.

Nice to meet you all :)
  • 5 replies
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hey Matt, good to see you, welcome to our friendly community :)

Yes, I think we can all associate with your BRM pain my friend, most of us have been through that on occasions.
      BRM is of course one of the key factors to get right to build up a bankroll effectively, there is no substitute for a sensible BRM.

Wishing you every success on PokerStars and look forward to hearing how you get on in due course.

Good luck & enjoy.

Best regards,

Bart
    • AaronLambert
      AaronLambert
      Bronze
      You joined a large group of people with a big tilt off of the roll. Myself included.

Welcome to Pokerstrategy :D
    • Royaltramp
      Royaltramp
      Bronze
      Thanks for the warm welcome guys. Just received my phone call as part of the ID check and have been told that my $50 is in the process of being transferred, so in ~48 hours I should be hitting the tables :)

(And the 48 hours gives me some time to brush up on my strategy first which is always good)
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Royaltramp

(And the 48 hours gives me some time to brush up on my strategy first which is always good)
      Sounds like a good idea :)

Goodluck.
    • Royaltramp
      Royaltramp
      Bronze
      Unfortunately I was told that for PokerStars the free $50 is no longer available for December, and although I applied for the money yesterday, because it is December now I'm unable to get it.

WilliamHill it is then (Already have accounts at PartyPoker and FullTilt). Not my first choice but it's a free starting bankroll so I can't complain ;)

Just waiting for that now.

Thanks again for the welcome everyone :)