[NL20-NL50] 25nl K6s

• mariaprodanova
      mariaprodanova
      Bronze
      Villain is a reg, 18/15, AF: 4.0, Agg%: 42, 3bet: 4.3, ATS from BU: 38%. He is a TAG but isn't afraid to "move". Do you think this was a viable play or do I only put him on sets and have to just fold on the turn?

It wasn't the first time I 3bet him and vs thinking opponents who steal often I make this my default 3betting size, I'm not sure if it's a good idea or not...

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($27.27)
      BB ($50)
      UTG ($26.90)
      UTG+1 ($24.25)
      CO ($24.55)
      BTN ($25.85)

Dealt to Hero K:diamond: 6:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.90, Hero raises to $2.55, fold, BTN calls $1.65

FLOP ($5.35) 5:club: 9:diamond: T:heart:

Hero bets $3.55, BTN calls $3.55

TURN ($12.45) 5:club: 9:diamond: T:heart: 7:diamond:

Hero checks, BTN bets $7.05, Hero raises to $21.17 (AI), BTN calls $12.70 (AI)

RIVER ($51.95) 5:club: 9:diamond: T:heart: 7:diamond: 8:diamond:
  • 9 replies
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      I probably wont 3b this hand oop at nl25 - regardless of how often villain steals - because I find ABC works best. But ofc if you are confident postflp it may be ok-ish... (but its never going to be great against a decent player).

As played, what range do you give him for
      1. calling 3b ip pre; and
      2. calling your cb on this flop; and
      3. betting once you checked; and nevertheless
      4. folding to your shove?

Against AA you have around 26% eQ on the turn (less against sets), so you can see you need villain to fold a lot on the turn to make up for your poor eQuity. With 1/2 of his stack invested and getting 3:1 on a call, I guess hes not folding much here.
    • mariaprodanova
      mariaprodanova
      Bronze
      Well yes, I figured I had 9,12 or vs JJ QQ even 15 outs. I didn't do it just for the fold equity or just for the pot equity, just figured combined it might make it +EV, or at least not that much -EV. But since I'm so far from sure of it I figured I'd get your opinions.

So yeah, I guess its far from necessary cause ABC does work, I just like playing around with the regs and figured if it's not too much -EV it might give me some additional value from future plays...but whatever.

ABC works, it just bores the hell out of me :)
    • falcone1983
      falcone1983
      Bronze
      3betting preflop isn't standard, but it can't be too bad. You should make it bigger though, it's not like you want to encourage people to play pots in position against you.

I probably give up a lot on this flop, but cbet is okay too I guess.

On the turn just bet/call. It gives you more FE and you save some $ if you miss the river.
    • VzLOM
      VzLOM
      Bronze
      You just need to 3b bigger.
      We cant say anything about his range cos you gave him not bad odds.
      As played i just cbet and gave up unimproved. When we catch fd + gtsht i think its way better yo just continue barreling. Theres no sense in ch-raising cos
      a) he dont have air or weak hands by pf and flop.
      b) we dont have FE cos of odds and p.a)
      Only hand that we can ch-raise AI against is like JQs but they are still less likely and have lot of ev.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Quite standard hand. 3-bet with K6s is sometimes fine at is fine to balance that way your 3-bet value hands. c-bet with fold equity, backdoor flushdraw and overcard is also fine and since you hit miracle card on the turn c/rai seems also reasonable. He can easily float you with JTs that you´re crushing ro some players would also take one off with AJ/AQ and then very likely b/f that turn card and it is also not reasonable to think he may b/f there also weak one pair hand. So you should always have some fold equity or if not then overall equity is also very good against anything
    • VzLOM
      VzLOM
      Bronze
      float you with JTs

its behing us and not folding

and it is also not reasonable to think he may b/f there also weak one pair hand.

what do you mean?

In this odds i think he even not neccesarily folding overcards actually, not to say about midhands.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      float you with JTs

its behing us and not folding

- thought actually QJs

and it is also not reasonable to think he may b/f there also weak one pair hand.

what do you mean?

In this odds i think he even not neccesarily folding overcards actually, not to say about midhands.

- I think we have there fold equity and with our equity we can´t really b/f, so c/rai seems reasonable. Similar hand that I played today where villain did float on the flop and then b/f turn:
      Full Tilt Poker $50.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 1053513
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Hero (BB): $59.70
      UTG: $17.00
      MP: $235.10
      CO: $23.00
      BTN: $63.20
      SB: $102.75

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is BB with Q :diamond: K :heart:
      1 fold, MP raises to $1.50, 3 folds, Hero raises to $4.75, MP calls $3.25

Flop: ($9.75) J :diamond: T :club: 8 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $7.00, MP calls $7

Turn: ($23.75) 6 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $18.00, Hero raises to $47.95, MP folds
    • VzLOM
      VzLOM
      Bronze
      you might have a read that this man is moron, i cant imagine a hand that you can play like this. Floating w overs is too tricky in 3b pot on nl50, esp with such betsizing and actually even w smth like A7 he cant actually fold w this odds.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      well I wanted to show that we should always have there fold equity and since we´re kind of pot committed to the pot if we bet out ourself c/rai is also fine option to take on the turn and floating is usually quite common nl 50 against players who like to 3-bet a lot :P