Dealt to Hero 5:diamond: 5:spade:

fold, fold, fold, fold, SB raises to $1.50, Hero calls $1

FLOP ($3) 3:club: 8:club: A:heart:

SB checks, Hero checks

TURN ($3) 3:club: 8:club: A:heart: 3:spade:

SB checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($3) 3:club: 8:club: A:heart: 3:spade: K:heart:

SB checks, Hero checks

villain reg 20/16/3, steal 34% (23% from SB). I check behind flop since I feel no worse hand can call me. Same goes for turn.

So only Question is: should we bet for "protection" on turn? or do we checkback and hope villain doesnt hit one of his 6 overcard outs on river (assuming he has nothing at the moment)?
  • 3 replies
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      I think that it depends on the villain. If you think he is going to bet his air(busted overcards, assuming the K doesn't come) on the river you should bet the turn, if you think he is only light value betting then it's ok as played.

PS: I hope you don't mind my humble opinions :)
    • ttjjboy
      ttjjboy
      Bronze
      I think it's NH
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      On Axx board I would expect c-bet most of his range, so yeah checking back with 55 with no equity if you´re behind is fine
      I would likely bet myself on the turn for value and protection. He would very likely bet his Ax, KK-99, maybe even 8x on the turn, so you should be mostly ahead and he is c/f. So you can bet for protection, ofcourse it is not really never a bad idea to go to showdown and see if he was planning c/f or c/c turn, since then you can exploit him in the future and either check it down, since he usually has better hand than yours or if he has air and you can bet any 2 cards