This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Jacks on MP3

• Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $10,1
      BB:
      $10
      MP2:
      $19,48
      Hero:
      $11,24
      CO:
      $10
      BU:
      $10

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.86 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J:diamond: , J:club:
      MP2 folds, Hero raises to $0,25, CO folds, BU raises to $0,90, 2 folds, Hero calls $0,65.

Flop: ($1,95) 9:spade: , 4:heart: , 2:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $1,35, Hero raises to $3,00, BU raises to $9,10 (All-In), Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

Final Pot: $7,95

What do you say? I decided to raise flop for some info, and when he shoved i figured out that he's got me murdered.. And if not he's gonna make a runner runner flush anyway.:D
  • 1 reply
    • funktor
      funktor
      Bronze
      Hi Alficor1!

BU looks really nitty.

Preflop call is standard. What are you hoping is really hit set here (to his tight range)

I am bet-folding flop as at is really dry and BU will be allmost 100% honest to you and will not continue with AK(Q) here to $1.4 bet. If called I am most likely check-folding turn.

Raising line here is to expensive, calling is worst option as you do not get any information as BU is beting this board 100% of time.

Try think what would you do, if your raise get just called by BU. Bet turn, check-call turn, check-fold turn?
      Pot would be $8 with $6 behind. Are you going to call BU $3 bet here? Are you going all-in on river for additional $3 in $14 POT? No of these options looks good for you...

Regards

Funktor