This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] [SH] NL25 Rush 1010 OOP

• jozata
      jozata
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BB:
      $101.27
      MP2 (Hero):
      $35.41
      MP3:
      $18.15
      CO:
      $22.50
      BU:
      $50.27
      SB:
      $29.58

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with T, T.
      Hero raises to $1.00, MP3 folds, CO calls $1.00, 3 folds, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($2.35) 2, 8, K (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.50, CO raises to $4.00, Hero folds, CO gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $3.85.

Villain is unknown. What is the right play here?Isn't villain's raise usually a bluff since if he had a king or a set he would have simply called on this dry board?Then if I put him on a bluff is raising the right play?What if I raise him and he calls-how do I proceed on the turn?
  • 2 replies
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Agaisnt unknown in these spots I think folding is a good options, I don't like playing this weak but firstly I wait for a few hands to pass, get some reads/notes, and after that do any moves.

If you raise it I guess you have to make it like 9-10$, the pot would be 20-22$ with you having 10-11$ effective stack remaining. It doesn't look 2 good imo vs unknown with second pair on a K high board.

I also don't like a call on the flop because you can't know if he is continuing his bluffs or just betting his value hands etc.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello jozata,

Even if has a bluff there I think it's more often better to just save our money and try to get at least some stats/reads on him and then play back against him accordingly, playing back against a unknown ain't the greatest idea, also being OOP adds us even more hard to continue it. Therefore Bet/Fold.

Best regards.