$18.15
      CO:
      $22.50
      BU:
      $50.27
      SB:
      $29.58

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with T, T.
      Hero raises to $1.00, MP3 folds, CO calls $1.00, 3 folds, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($2.35) 2, 8, K (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.50, CO raises to $4.00, Hero folds, CO gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $3.85.

Villain is unknown. What is the right play here?Isn't villain's raise usually a bluff since if he had a king or a set he would have simply called on this dry board?Then if I put him on a bluff is raising the right play?What if I raise him and he calls-how do I proceed on the turn?
  • 2 replies
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Agaisnt unknown in these spots I think folding is a good options, I don't like playing this weak but firstly I wait for a few hands to pass, get some reads/notes, and after that do any moves.

If you raise it I guess you have to make it like 9-10$, the pot would be 20-22$ with you having 10-11$ effective stack remaining. It doesn't look 2 good imo vs unknown with second pair on a K high board.

I also don't like a call on the flop because you can't know if he is continuing his bluffs or just betting his value hands etc.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello jozata,

Even if has a bluff there I think it's more often better to just save our money and try to get at least some stats/reads on him and then play back against him accordingly, playing back against a unknown ain't the greatest idea, also being OOP adds us even more hard to continue it. Therefore Bet/Fold.

Best regards.