UTG+1 Hero ($38.60)
      MP Kpekep1707 ($10)
      CO Th3 ZodiAc ($31.90)
      BTN nopBy Bcex ($11.65)
      SB UNABOMB3R ($7.25)
      BB Toni-Quattro ($130.80)

Pre-Flop: ($0.75, 7 players) Hero is UTG+1 K:spade: A:club:
      1 fold, Hero raises to $1.50, 4 folds, Toni-Quattro calls $1

Flop: 7:club: 7:heart: 3:spade: ($3.25, 2 players)
      Toni-Quattro checks, Hero bets $1.55, Toni-Quattro calls $1.55

Turn: 5:spade: ($6.35, 2 players)
      Toni-Quattro checks, Hero checks

River: K:club: ($6.35, 2 players)
      Toni-Quattro bets $7.50, Hero raises to $18, Toni-Quattro raises to $28.50, Hero calls $10.50

Hes stats are 64/25 over just 10 hands I had on him,but obviously player with wide range.
      I put him on lower K(KJ, KQ), couse bet on the river.
      A7 would also be possible and could see him slowplay,maybe 55 also.
      I showed weakness with checking turn, and K was a scarry card, so he might also tried to bluff weaker pair and represent K.
      Should I just call his raise ?
  • 9 replies
    • Tampaloeres81
      Tampaloeres81
      Bronze
      Hi,

You're pretty deep so play it like BSS.
      pre+flop+turn are fine imo.
      I would just call the river bet. It is already an overbet and that means air or nuts from fish.
      If you raise he folds his air so you isolate youself against a strong range.

T.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey asmirovic,

I agree with Tampaloeres here. I don't think villain will play a Kx that aggressively and if you raise river you commit yourself while you're pretty dead against his range when he shoves, so I would prefer to just call down river.

P.S.: I will ask the mod to move the hand to BSS forum to get correct evaluation.

Regards,
      burek2000
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Moved as per above.

Bart
    • falcone1983
      falcone1983
      Bronze
      Bet turn & bet most rivers.

As played, call river.
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Bet turn & bet most rivers.

As played, call river.

I think checking behind turn is fine. The 5 is not a scary card so I doubt he folds any hands he called on the flop. Those hands he folds (e.g. KJ) are hands we are ahead of anyway.

River is pretty difficult. I like the idea of value raising in theory but I dont think he has many worse Kx here actually and I dont think he usually overbets pot with them on river since we look week and he should want to get a call from us - not scare us off.

So its hard to see what worse hands can call. underpairs are not bluffing this river. Becuase of that I just call - as Tampaloeres81 said, we get the maximum from his bluffs and minimise losses vs sets/7x
    • falcone1983
      falcone1983
      Bronze
      With this particular hand, cbetting the flop and then not barreling the turn (with the intention of barreling lots of rivers), is (IMHO) a fundamental mistake.

You turn your hand into a bluff, but no better hands fold to a single barrel.

Cbetting is only profitable if you can somehow generate additional equity (implieds on your overs OR fold equity for a bigger pot later in the hand). Therefore, if you cbet, you must barrel.

There's lots of ways to play this hand, but the one I like best is check back flop (we have SD-value and are somewhat wa/wb), and then depending on the turncard decide if we want to bet turn + river or check the hand down.
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Cbetting is only profitable if you can somehow generate additional equity (implieds on your overs OR fold equity for a bigger pot later in the hand). Therefore, if you cbet, you must barrel.

I dont think this is right. Surely it depends entirely on the board texture and, most important, the type of player we are facing. On low limits, cbetting is - for the most part - inherently profitable.

If villain is a "fit or fold" type who plays loosely pre but only goes to showdown when he has something (and doesnt need the nuts to do so) then our best play is to cbet so that he folds his air and then (usally) give up when we get called on the flop. With only 10 hands, we dont need to fire off 1/2-3/4 of our stack to find out if hes the kind of guy who eventually folds to 3 barrels. Most importantly, this guy can so easily have 7x that firing repeatedly is just burning money, imo.

This line (i.e. cb flop and then ch/f) is exploitable if we do this for every opponent, but we are not being exploited by this particular player since hes a loose fish.

We dont have to barrel turn and river regardless of what cards come when we have no idea if this guy is capable of folding to pressure. If the turn is Q or higher we have a much better reason for continuing our aggression. But the 5 only helps villains percieved range.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I also don´t like barreling turn, since i think we dot have enough fold equity a lot of times and players would call us down too often, so we should start overbetting turns and shoving river and against that player it might not even work. So turn check is fine to hit your outer and sometimes you´re also ahead since he is calling smt like AT on the flop to see if he hits his turn card or not.
      I would also just call river. If he is bluffing he won´t really call our shove with worse hands and if he is valuebetting 7x+ we´re behind and can´t really shove for value
    • asmirovic
      asmirovic
      Global
      Learned a lot form your thinking.
      THx guys, much appreciated