[NL2-NL10] NL10 Rush, good call or bad call at turn?

• samlar
      I was going to fold on the turn but I was sure that the other two had flush draws so I had 6 outs and they both called which gave me about 5:1 pot odds. Was this a good call or bad call?

This was in Rush therefore no use player information was available.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      BU (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is BU with J, 9.
      3 folds, MP2 calls $0.05, MP3 calls $0.05, CO folds, Hero calls $0.05, SB calls $0.03, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.25) 8, 3, T (5 players)
      SB checks, BB bets $0.25, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0.25, Hero calls $0.25, SB calls $0.25.

Turn: ($1.25) 6 (4 players)
      SB checks, BB bets $1.70, MP3 calls $1.70, Hero calls $1.70, SB calls $1.70.

River: ($8.05) 3 (3 players)
      SB checks, MP3 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $8.05.
      Results follow:

SB shows two pairs, eights and threes(8 A).
      Hero shows a pair of threes(J 9).
      BB shows two pairs, tens and threes(Q T).
      MP3 shows a pair of threes(Q 9).

BB wins with two pairs, tens and threes(Q T).
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello samlar,

Preflop: Completing preflop is also questionable, I am not a big fan of playing such hands, more often I'd prefer to raise it up or just fold, with only Calling we wont play them profitable in long run since or we could but we have to take stabs into some air pots sometime but I don't expect that to be the case in such a multiway pot. If they were suited, it would be more thinkable.
      Turn: As long he overbets on turn and you have to discount few outs since there is also a flushdraw possible, I wouldn't Call there, just fold.

Best regards.