A proposal for native english speakers

• AdamantHQ
      AdamantHQ
      Black
      Hello!

I hope it will be the most proper place to post it.

My name is Alexander, I am 28, and I'm from Russia.

I used to record videos for PS in Russian some time ago, and used to do a lot of coaching on the site. Now I have stopped coaching and making a videos and just evaluate hands in 5/10+. Last time I gave some individual trainings at the price of 100$/hour. But way too much Russian guys began to play my limits soon and had to stop them. :)

I play FL $10-20 up to $50-100 now.

And as you can see, my English is pretty bad. Especially verbal.

Ok, closer to my proposal. I'd like to train someone, who plays FL. And, of course, free of charge. Because I can't be sure in my training abilities in English :) In return I want to improve my english - in training and, may be, some common conversations.

I don't care much about limits you play, but it will be easier if they are low or medium (not micro).

I don't know, how many people play FL here, and how many of them are native English speakers, and how many of them watching posts in this thread. :) But will hope that anybody will respond my proposal.

Sorry for my English.
  • 7 replies
    • datsmahname
      datsmahname
      Global
      I'm you're guy beyond any shadow of a doubt. I'm a fluent English speaker & writer with a university education. I play FLHE and I'm hoping to move up to the low limits. I have experience editing articles & have a headset so we can converse verbally.

I'm the one :D

edit: if you're curious, i'm a 2+2er under this name.
    • Helipacter
      Helipacter
      Bronze
      Okay, as datsmahname has nabbed the 1st position, I'll take second.

I'm an ex-English teacher (TEFL qualified with 2 years' experience in Spain) who has also worked as a sub-editor. I play micro-FLHE (I know you said not Micros - but any help I could get would be great!). I'm pretty new to poker (PS was my first attempt at learning it) so expect many dumb questions if you take me on...

I'll join the queue, should you have the time or inclination for another student.

Cheers!
    • AdamantHQ
      AdamantHQ
      Black
      Great!

Guys, please, contact me with a Skype. My nickname is the same there: adamanthq.
      It can be hard to synchronize (arrange in time?) our lessons, because I live in Thailand now, and as I can see, we have quite different time zones. But we will try :)
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      he AdamantHQ,

Just by chance I came across your thread.
      There is one thing that came into my mind immediately.
      Whenever you want to, tune in to our FL Platinum Coaching with Byron Jacobs - Byron is not only a FL Coach who can read his opponents hair color after 10 hands played but he also got a very nice oxford-type English. Unfortunately this and next week he is taking a break, but will be back on Thursday 23rd.
    • ukcoolcat
      ukcoolcat
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SvenBe
      he AdamantHQ,

he also got a very nice oxford-type English..
      lmao, please enlighten me as to the difference, iyo, between oxford and cambridge english, i shall await your reply with baited breath!

as an englishman that's got to be one of the funniest post's i've read on this site.
    • Ribbo
      Ribbo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ukcoolcat
      i shall await your reply with baited breath!
      A fish with baited breath:

I assume you meant BATED breath :f_biggrin:
    • datsmahname
      datsmahname
      Global
      Adamant, I won`t be able to make our session today. My laptop monitor died earlier today. I`m getting my other comp out of storage in a few days but things will be busy. Lets aim for a session early in the new year.

datsmahname