This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] FR NL25 - QQ vs A on 5-handed flop

• Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      Was it right the I way I played the hand? Or was I just scared?

No Limit Hold'em
      Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
      Stacks
      Hero: $31.05
      All relevant players had more than a full buy-in.

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is UTG+2 with Q :diamond: Q :heart:
      UTG calls, 1 fold, Hero raises to $1.00, 2 folds, CO calls, BTN folds, the blinds call, and UTG calls.

Flop: J :heart: 9 :heart: A :spade: ($5, 5 players)
      5 check.

I check here because of the Ace. With 4 other players in the hand I just didn't like the Ace there, and besides that, betting here and getting called would leave me in a big pot with a mediocre hand, in position (maybe), with two more cards to come. I just didn't want to play a huge pot here with the Ace out there.

Turn: T :spade: ($5, 4 players)
      SB bets $1, BB calls, UTG raises to $2.60, Hero folds...

Even though I had an OESD, I decided to fold this hand here. I could be drawing dead against KQ (very unlikely given my holding, but not impossible.), I could be drawing to split the pot, and I wouldn't feel comfortable with any spade or heart on the river, I don't think I was getting good enough odds here to call, and there was still the possibility of a reraise on the turn after my action.
  • 2 replies