[Important - please read] New PS150 accounts (Dec 2010 onwards)

• EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi guys/girls,

The following is important to any member setting up a new Full Tilt account from 1st Dec 2010 onwards via the PS150 (free starting capital) code. This also previously applied to those setting up PS150 accounts between 1st May & 31st July 2010.

This does not affect anyone setting up an account under PSVIP (first deposit bonus) code or anyone setting up an account prior to 1st May 2010 or between 1st Aug & 30th Nov 2010.

With effect from 1st December 2010, all members setting up new PS150 accounts at Full Tilt will not automatically receive the 27% rakeback unless you also make a deposit of your own funds.

You must make this first deposit within the first 180 days of setting up your Full Tilt account otherwise you will lose the chance of rakeback.
      It is my understanding that you will only start to receive rakeback after making this first deposit so don't go leaving it too late.

To clarify, PS150 account set up:

Before 1st May 2010 = No requirement for own deposit to receive rakeback.
      1st May - 31st July 2010 = Deposit required to receive rakeback.
      1st Aug - 30th Nov 2010 = No requirement for own deposit to receive rakeback.
      1st Dec 2010 onwards = Deposit required to receive rakeback.

For the benefit of those new to poker, you pay the poker room a small fee everytime you play poker on their software, this is called the rake:
      • A small % of the pots on cash games (typically 5%) is taken as rake.
      • When you enter a Sit and Go (Sng) or Multi-table Tournament (MTT), you pay a tournament buyin and fee, e.g. $1+0.10 ($1 buyin & 10cents fee). The tournament fee is effectively the rake.

By signing up via PokerStrategy, you are entitled to receive 27% of all of the rake you pay back in the form of a cash payment every Friday. For full details including what is deducted before calculation of your payment, please check out the following link:

The above thread is being updated to reflect this change implemented by Full Tilt.

If you have any questions or need clarification on any aspect, please don't hesitate to post and we'll try to help clear up any queries.

Best regards,

Bart
  • 6 replies
    • Kimber88
      Kimber88
      Bronze
      Hi Bart,

I don't think most people will see the post in this subforum. It would probably be a good idea to also:

- Write it on the Full Tilt starting capital guide (I suppose this has been done??)
      - Send an email to those who created their account in the critical period in the past, assuming there is a way to filter those out.

If I should also give my personal oppinion on this I think it is a really bad move, and I can't see the logic in doing this from FT's point of view.
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Thanks Anders, all good suggestions my friend.

Yes the starting capital guide has already been updated and we're in the process of updating the stickies. Just wanted a thread to refer people to really, a lot of new members tend to use the forum a lot more than the actual platform guides, but I do take your point on board.
      In terms of emailing people, not sure on the logistics of this, one for Gibraltar although may already be in hand. Of course everyone has to go via the guide/download page and are encouraged to read everything carefully.

Not my place to question what the poker rooms do, they are of course entitled to set whatever criteria they feel desirable. I guess it might have the effect of encouraging more people to deposit or become more active on their accounts.
      To be honest I think most members already tend to make a deposit at some point anyway, not least to gain from the PokerStrategy/Full Tilt first matching bonus (100% up to a maximum of $600 for the benefit of newer members). It is afterall a quality platform (imo) and has pretty much everything a player would want from a poker room.

Appreciate your thoughts my friend, many thanks,

Bart
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EagleStar88

To be honest I think most members already tend to make a deposit at some point anyway, not least to gain from the PokerStrategy/Full Tilt first matching bonus (100% up to a maximum of $600 for the benefit of newer members). It is afterall a quality platform (imo) and has pretty much everything a player would want from a poker room.
      +1
    • Kimber88
      Kimber88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by thazar

+1
      I tend to agree.

But still as I see it one of the key aspects of PokerStrategy is that they provide the bankroll and preferably you won't have to deposit yourself. But then again IIRC the minimum deposit on FT is $10, so most people could probably handle that.
    • trivaa90
      trivaa90
      Bronze
      This will stay forever or until some month like earlier?
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by trivaa90
      This will stay forever or until some month like earlier?
      Hi trivaa90,

As far as we know, these rules will apply to all new accounts for the foreseeable future.

As you can see, the criteria has changed occasionally in the past and it is always possible that it might change again in future, but at this point in time the current rule stated is the one that will be used going forward.

Hope this helps, don't hesitate to shout if you have any other questions or need clarification on any aspect.

Best regards,

Bart