[NL2-NL10] NL10 : AA Threeway

• SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)       
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $24.04
      UTG+1:
      $13.35
      MP3:
      $15.17

0.05/0.10 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A:spade: , A:heart:
      Hero calls $0.10, UTG+1 raises to $0.20, 3 folds, MP3 calls $0.20, 2 folds, SB calls $0.15, BB folds, Hero raises to $0.80, UTG+1 calls $0.60, MP3 calls $0.60, SB folds.

Flop: ($2.70) 2:heart: , 9:heart: , 3:club: (3 players)
      Hero bets $2.50, UTG+1 calls $2.50, MP3 calls $2.50.

Turn: ($10.20) T:diamond: (3 players)
      Hero bets $10, UTG+1 calls $10.00, MP3 raises to $11.87 (All-In), Hero calls $1.87, UTG+1 raises to $10.05 (All-In).

River: ($43.99) 4:club:

I tried to get those people out of the pot, and when he reraised me all-in on the turn, I knew he had pockets tens and had to call for the minichance of a river set.
      Now, how do I get those overpair set drawers out of a pot ? I hardly could have bet bigger, no ?
  • 9 replies
    • aanty2000
      aanty2000
      Bronze
      you are in a tough position oop with a flush draw board . the pot size bet on the flop doesnt get any of them out but i guess they arent both drawing . after the action this can make you that an opponent can have a pp between 22 an 10 10 imo and he could hit his set . i would try a smaller bet on the turn and if i get pushed i would maybe fold and if i get called by both i would reevaluate on river .you are risking 2by on an overpair and it is hard ...
    • Gungunhana
      Gungunhana
      Bronze
      Imo, you should have raised at least 0.40 pf, to get some info.This way you played pos flop, completely blind.
      For this reason and after a lot of money down the drain, I´ve given up limping with big pairs/Ak AQ.
      You go to the flop without knowing where you are.
      As played there is not much you could do. I would have played the same .
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      Why ?
      I was pretty sure I was up against 2 pocket pairs before the flop, as they flatcalled or minraised and called to my reraise, probably for set value.
      When I bet pot on the flop, and I saw those 2 call, I had a feeling I was up against JJ-KK.
      Unfortenately for me, it turned out to be TT and QQ.

If I started with a raise, I wouldn't have been so sure and could also be up against AK or AQ, perhaps even KQs or AJs. I got more information now and made the pot considerately bigger with my, at the time, best hand.
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      I think you should have just raised the flop instead of call/raise, wich I don't think is bad either, but played this way I would have raised more preflop, a raise to $1.20 would have been nice.
      IMO, You're already giving away the strength of your hand by making the call/raise, so bet it strong and don't give them too good implied odds.

On the flop, I think you played OK.

I would have bet less on the turn (about 2/3 of the pot, although I always make it a little bit more than that.). If they have you, you'll probably be pot committed anyway. But If they are drawing you don't want to make them feel hopeless, make a smaller bet and let them call you (incorrectly of course).

Hope it helps.
    • Timor83
      Timor83
      Bronze
      Raise preflop. As played: Reraise to about 1.20 preflop. Flopbet is fine. I would bet less on the turn though, say about half the size of the pot. With 2 callers on a not so dangerous flop, my setsensor would start to ring.
    • Timor83
      Timor83
      Bronze
      Btw, if you're wondering how me and Faye came up with the 1.20:

Reraisesize: 3~4 times the original raise + #callers x original raise
    • Sleyde
      Sleyde
      Black
      reraise more preflop, true.

postflop is fine. you cannot get away from the hand. betting less will not affect the fact that you are commited if you make ANY bet. and you should bet because you often will be still ahead ...
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Sleyde
      reraise more preflop, true.

postflop is fine. you cannot get away from the hand. betting less will not affect the fact that you are commited if you make ANY bet. and you should bet because you often will be still ahead ...
      Yeah, you're right. Forget about what I said about betting less on the turn. I felt like betting less here to let draws stay in the hand incorrectly. But he's probably going to called by draws with his bet as well.
      Besides, he can't extract anything more from busted draws on the river.
    • Crazzynesss
      Crazzynesss
      Bronze
      Most likely though they would have both called the reraise preflop. Maybe TT would've folded then on the flop, thinking two other players had a higher pair, but even then you got the maniacs. In the long run it's all good though right?