$3.55
      MP3:
      $14.96
      CO:
      $13.55
      BU (Hero):
      $12.28

Preflop: Hero is BU with Q, A.
      5 folds, CO raises to $0.30, Hero calls $0.30, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.75) A, 5, J (2 players)
      CO bets $0.30, Hero calls $0.30.

Turn: ($1.35) K (2 players)
      CO bets $1.00, Hero calls $1.00.

River: ($3.35) 7 (2 players)
      CO bets $2.00

Stats on villain: VPIP:13 / PFR:5 / AF:9.3 / CBET:80 / WTSD:21 over 300 hands

My question is: as played, folding river is a must? How about some other lines? 3bet pre is an option but i prefer to do it with some other hands. If I don't 3bet it is calling down a good alternative here?
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello fulja,

Preflop: However, I would prefer to 3bet preflop since we have to take sometimes moves on him even on missed boards to make such a Call profitable. But since he has such a small PFR, it ain't wrong to just Call.
      Postflop: Calling down is reasonable here against such an opponent. He also may take such lines with bluff because of his AF and also weaker Ax type of hands. Well played!

Best regards.
    • fulja
      fulja
      Bronze
      Just noticed I wrote the wrong title...my bad :)

About 3betting pre...this is rush and as far as I've noticed it works better 3betting rag aces and some other stuff cause they're gonna 4bet ship it most of the time they have something and fold pretty much all Ax and Qx type of hands we dominate with AQ (except maybe KQ and AJ/AT) + having position also doesn't hurt. Isn't it better just flat calling and trying to outplay him post because majority of the time he's gonna have a pocket pair/Ax hand which we can outplay/outkick post. Is my reasoning wrong?

One more question about postflop play...is there a certain limit regarding his river betsize that would lean more towards folding there. For example, a close to potsize bet on the river?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by fulja
      Just noticed I wrote the wrong title...my bad :)

About 3betting pre...this is rush and as far as I've noticed it works better 3betting rag aces and some other stuff cause they're gonna 4bet ship it most of the time they have something and fold pretty much all Ax and Qx type of hands we dominate with AQ (except maybe KQ and AJ/AT) + having position also doesn't hurt. Isn't it better just flat calling and trying to outplay him post because majority of the time he's gonna have a pocket pair/Ax hand which we can outplay/outkick post. Is my reasoning wrong?

One more question about postflop play...is there a certain limit regarding his river betsize that would lean more towards folding there. For example, a close to potsize bet on the river?
      Of course it's possible to overplay him postflop if you feel like that, also against unknown I wouldn't advice that, more often against such an opponent on who we have stats, as the case right now. But since he raised from CO I would likely put him on a pretty wide range and therefore 3betting ain't wrong and either ain't wrong Calling, since he doesn't have that much of WTS value, he more often does go to showdown with a hand.

And also when he is betting near potsize that could easily indicate to a very strong hand on such limits.