BB ($1.42)
      UTG ($2.94)
      UTG+1 ($2.82)
      UTG+2 ($2)
      MP1 ($2)
      CO ($1.50)
      Hero ($1.96)

Dealt to Hero J:spade: A:club:

fold, UTG+1 calls $0.02, fold, fold, CO calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.12, fold, fold, UTG+1 calls $0.10, fold

FLOP ($0.29) Q:heart: 8:diamond: 5:diamond:

UTG+1 bets $0.18, Hero folds

Please, by using this hand as sample, how u will conduct an analysis during a session-review? I mean, steps, mental processing and tools (and how u go to using them, if possible. TY). I hope I can get your help on that as I am not sure if I do the right things.
      Thx
  • 8 replies
    • pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      easy fold<<
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      it is an easy fold i think as well, because of the 2 diamonds. On a dry board, I would float.
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      Thought process should be something like this:

Preflop - I make a standard raise, not much to think about here.
      On the flop - I'm the pre flop aggressor, yet this guy has donk bet into me, what is his range for limp/calling preflop? Come up with an answer for this, then think about what is in his range that could have hit this? Broadway cards with a Q in, 88 or 55, then he might limp/call suited connectors. In this case it could be a blocking bet, but it's a bit too large for a blocking bet isn't it? Has he hit his set and is scared you will check back if he checks?

Basically just go through everything you would think about when playing, just to make sure you are thinking about them whilst playing ;) :D
    • kiromanAAKK
      kiromanAAKK
      Bronze
      Thanks a lot to all Guys.
      Wriggers you just read my mind :D thanks a lot for that it was just what I was looking for. ;)
      Godd Bless you :heart:
    • JonikoP
      JonikoP
      Bronze
      Does nobody else think that this might be a raise?

These weak donks are so often just weak hands IMO. I think he's checking a set 75%+ of the time and often leading with draws and small pocket pairs that miss the flop.

He will also play his hand pretty face up if we raise - I think he's always reraising with a set.

I seem to be well in the minority here though!
    • AlcopopDK
      AlcopopDK
      Bronze
      first of all -> i like the fold on the flop, nothing else to do in that spot.

on the other hand, if he donkbets smaller (anything from a min bet (2c) to 8c i would go ahead and raise in order to take it down on the flop.

the reason is that alot of bad players donkbets small with junk hoping to take the pot down without further action.

this is my experience of microstakes cashgames and sng's even up to 10$ buyin.

hope its usefull to u :)
    • SiXAT
      SiXAT
      Bronze
      easy fold but on micros especialy if you this is kind of player who can make plays a raise can get the pot often( its just that of course a good player will try to make his donk range stronger , but i see players on these stakes donk bet couple times in a row with garbage and 3barrel and so on) so a raise is a option too/
    • fastroller
      fastroller
      Bronze
      Villain limping preflop makes them seem passive and when a passive player bets out he's usually protecting his hand, this type of playing doesn't like letting opponents draw out and automatically assumes if the board is drawy someone is drawing. I think I probably wouldn't raise preflop and for sure a fold postflop but I haven't played micro's in a while and I might be off.