[NL2-NL10] 66 on BU

• phantommm92
      Known players:

0,02/0,05 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.88 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with 6:spade: , 6:diamond:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0,20, SB folds, BB calls $0,15.

Flop: ($0,42) 9:club: , 8:spade: , 4:club: (2 players)
      BB bets $0,24, Hero calls $0,24.

Turn: ($0,90) K:spade: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0,55, BB calls $0,55.

River: ($2,00) 9:spade: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $2,00

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows (6s 6d)
      BB shows two-pair, nines and eights (Jh 8h)

BB wins with two-pair, nines and eights (Jh 8h)

yes, i know, just fold the flop, but he was so aggressive betting his draws and overs, so maybe raise flop? and if he calls then check/fold?
  • 2 replies
    • fryandspicy
      Seeing as you've only played 11 hands, just fold. If he donk bets all the time you can check-fold everything but made hands against him and make a healthy profit i think. If the board was less coordinated the call would be fine i guess, but not here. As played on the turn I like the float because if you check behind and he bets river you'll have to fold unless a 6 hits.
    • veriz
      Hello phantommm92,

I would really advice you not to overplay the set mining at the beginning, try to get more experienced and then you will understand more about when they do cbet, how often do they cbet, do they fold to a raise and etc. The most money you earn from PPs and why do you want to loose money with such moves? It just puts you into bigger variance, fit/fold play should be good enough for smaller PPs.

Best regards.