[NL2-NL10] NL10 top two pair

• jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      No particular reads.

Is calling with AT preflop a bit marginal?

Any reason to leave out my bet on the river?

Full Tilt - $0.10 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

MP: $19.46
      Hero (CO): $11.62
      BTN: $10.74
      SB: $8.45
      BB: $10.00
      UTG: $10.00

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has A:spade: T:club:

UTG raises to $0.30, fold, Hero calls $0.30, fold, SB calls $0.25, fold

Flop: ($1.00, 3 players) T:heart: 6:club: 4:spade:
      SB checks, UTG bets $0.80, Hero calls $0.80, SB calls $0.80

Turn: ($3.40, 3 players) A:heart:
      SB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets $2.40, SB calls $2.40, fold

River: ($8.20, 2 players) 2:club:
      SB checks, Hero bets $8.12 and is all-in, SB calls $4.95 and is all-in
  • 3 replies
    • funktor
      funktor
      Bronze
      Hi jbpatzer!

Callting ATo to UTG (6max) is not something I would advise.
      Depends on what UTG plays. Standard opening range would be AJ(s)+, PP, and sometimes SC.
      Go for ATs, as in that case you can make fold a lot of A high hands with your nut FD and can go comfortably all-in to JJ-KK hands on flop.

You are dominting in his range T9s, JTs if he playes that. You are most likely behind to all A high flops when UTG/SB shows aggression.

But since UTG raised only to 3BB and you needed to comlete 2BB to 7 BB (got 1: 3.5 odds) it is ok to call if you play very carefully here.
      SB might be flatting here a lot of PP and AK/AQs.

Flop:
      Calling on flop is standard as he will most likely be continuing on all flop. You might as well bet-fold flop

Turn/River: sweet. Nicely played...

Btw, did SB got you crushed preflop with AQ+??

Funktor
    • jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      He had 66. :f_cry:

My real question, which I couldn't ask initially without posting the result, is whether I should have sniffed a set here when he check/calls on such a dry flop? I'm having some problems with set miners atm. Any advice?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by jbpatzer
      He had 66. :f_cry:

My real question, which I couldn't ask initially without posting the result, is whether I should have sniffed a set here when he check/calls on such a dry flop? I'm having some problems with set miners atm. Any advice?
      He could easily play that way also with any kind of Ax type of hand and your play is totally fine, well played. Although I don't like the Call preflop, since I don't really expect you to have that much experience postflop to overplay him or either stats or reads on him. Since you will need to overplay him on some flops which you didn't miss since by just Calling you wont ply the hands profitable because you wont hit enough, also you would often put yourself into hard decisions when you hit the Ace for example, you will have hard time figuring out if you are ahead with just T kicker or not.