Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $15.31
      Hero:
      $10

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.88 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 7:spade: , 7:diamond:
      Hero raises to $0.40, 3 folds, BB calls $0.30.

Flop: ($0.85) J:heart: , 6:diamond: , 5:diamond: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.4, Hero raises to $1.20, BB calls $0.80.

Turn: ($3.25) 6:heart: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $2, BB calls $2.00.

River: ($7.25) T:diamond: (2 players)
      BB bets $8, Hero folds, BB gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

Final Pot: $7.25

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $11.06
      Hero:
      $10.6

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:club: , Q:spade:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, SB folds, BB calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.65) K:spade: , T:spade: , 2:diamond: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.4, BB calls $0.40.

Turn: ($1.45) K:heart: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1, BB calls $1.00.

River: ($3.45) 5:heart: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $2.5, BB calls $2.50.

Final Pot: $8.45

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows (Ac Qs)
      BB shows three-of-a-kind, kings (Kd Jh)

BB wins with three-of-a-kind, kings (Kd Jh)
  • 11 replies
    • Indahaus
      Indahaus
      Bronze
      i watched only the beggining and saw a hand where u call turn raise and river bet with the jacks. I think its a fold on the turn becouse turn raise is usualy a strong hand.
      There is even a theorem: “You should strongly re-evaluate the strength of one-pair hands in the face of a raise on the turn.” and i almost always found that right
    • joecar
      joecar
      Silver
      Originally posted by Indahaus
      i watched only the beggining and saw a hand where u call turn raise and river bet with the jacks. I think its a fold on the turn becouse turn raise is usualy a strong hand.
      There is even a theorem: “You should strongly re-evaluate the strength of one-pair hands in the face of a raise on the turn.” and i almost always found that right

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $10.2
      BB:
      $10.43

Preflop: Hero is SB with J:heart: , J:club:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, BB calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.60) 8:diamond: , 7:heart: , 5:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.4, BB calls $0.40.

Turn: ($1.40) Q:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1, BB raises to $2.00, Hero calls $1.00.

River: ($5.40) Q:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $2.1, Hero calls $2.10.

Final Pot: $9.60

Hero shows (Jh Jc)
      BB shows three-of-a-kind, queens (Qc Ts)

BB wins with three-of-a-kind, queens (Qc Ts)
      No stats on Villian
      Yeah could have played this hand a bit better. draw Heavy texture.
      Cbet flop standard. Roughly 4:1 to call turn raise so thats a call. Should have checked the river I guess. Def fold on turn 3 bet though
      Villian flats BB and q10o is well within his range. Thank you.
    • AlCaTrAzzALZ
      AlCaTrAzzALZ
      Bronze
      Originally posted by joecar
      Originally posted by Indahaus

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $10.2
      BB:
      $10.43

Preflop: Hero is SB with J:heart: , J:club:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, BB calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.60) 8:diamond: , 7:heart: , 5:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.4, BB calls $0.40.

Turn: ($1.40) Q:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1, BB raises to $2.00, Hero calls $1.00.

River: ($5.40) Q:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $2.1, Hero calls $2.10.

Final Pot: $9.60

Hero shows (Jh Jc)
      BB shows three-of-a-kind, queens (Qc Ts)

BB wins with three-of-a-kind, queens (Qc Ts)
      No stats on Villian
      Yeah could have played this hand a bit better. draw Heavy texture.
      Cbet flop standard. Roughly 4:1 to call turn raise so thats a call. Should have checked the river I guess. Def fold on turn 3 bet though
      Villian flats BB and q10o is well within his range. Thank you.
      i'm not a regular BSS player, but wouldn't a bigger flop cbet be better here? board is super drawy and there are heaps of cards we dont want to see peel on the turn, i dont mind a bet of .5 or even .55 here really
    • r4zor
      r4zor
      Bronze
      Originally posted by joecar

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $11.06
      Hero:
      $10.6

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:club: , Q:spade:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, SB folds, BB calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.65) K:spade: , T:spade: , 2:diamond: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.4, BB calls $0.40.

Turn: ($1.45) K:heart: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1, BB calls $1.00.

River: ($3.45) 5:heart: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $2.5, BB calls $2.50.

Final Pot: $8.45

Hero shows (Ac Qs)
      BB shows three-of-a-kind, kings (Kd Jh)

BB wins with three-of-a-kind, kings (Kd Jh)
      hey joecar,

you misplayed this hand on the turn and river imo. on a KTxssK board you dont have to 2nd barrel here because on the turn your percieved range is weak. if he c/c on the flop what range do you give him? i think on the turn and river a Tx would call you down because hes thinking to himself there is a busted flushdraw.. and im convinced that he hasnt Kx alot but Axs so i call... in general on these boards are bad to multi barrel... busted FD, paired board, low cards on turn and river.

hope this give u a impression when or when not to multibarrel. :)
    • bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      yeah i think your turn barrelling is probably a bit of a leak, when the board pairs on the turn it pretty much changes nothing so if they call the flop they call the turn.

I'm surprised when you made the note on the JJ-QT hand you didn't put that he called the flop with air, minraise the turn when he hit and bet small for value on the river, seems more important that flats w/QTo.

I personally would make the call down (looks like i may be wrong on this judging from other peoples reactions) but Qx is a weird flop call i'd expect he often has a draw here, and the extra Q on the river i'd call his small bet.

I also make the flop 0.5 there.

A couple of spots i'd say you missed steal opportunities, 97s and k8o i'd steal with, looked like the blinds were tight in the 1st one and i think a fish in bb with a tight sb on the k8o. not a major anyway

Also I'd conti when you 3bet QJs and the flop was 445 or something. I think he'll fold a lot of unpaired hands there. My 3bet game is pretty weak though so wouldn't mind more opinions on that.
    • bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      There was no commentry right? or my sound wasn't working
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      I watched the beginning of the video, there was sound but very silent.
    • JonikoP
      JonikoP
      Bronze
      Haven't watched the vid yet but I thought I'd throw in my 2 cents on the hands below.

In the AQ hand I'd prefer not to barrel again on the turn but I think doing so is fine to fold out some draws and random Tx type hands. Once you've barrelled the turn I think firing again on the river is bad - what worse hands that will call do you think are left in his range?

On the JJ hand I much prefer to raise to 4x from SB v BB as you're going to have to play out of position post flop. Also Villan is playing 40/20 (over a small sample) so may have a wide calling range and you get bet more value. Once you've raised to 4x and got called your c-bet is bigger on the flop and he's less likely to call and makes a bigger mistake doing so. I don't mind the turn barrel as there are draws left in his range but once he raises the turn I'm insta folding - a small turn raise here looks very stong on that board and I think it's rarely a bluff which is all you can now beat. His river bet sizing looks like it wants to get called so I'm folding river as well at NL10.

I think the 77 hand is fine - I see the open raise is to 4x here. Are you o/r to 4x in EP for 6 max?
    • joecar
      joecar
      Silver
      Yeah mic volume was low and screwedd up so ignore that
      Thanks for responses
    • joecar
      joecar
      Silver
      Originally posted by JonikoP
      Haven't watched the vid yet but I thought I'd throw in my 2 cents on the hands below.

In the AQ hand I'd prefer not to barrel again on the turn but I think doing so is fine to fold out some draws and random Tx type hands. Once you've barrelled the turn I think firing again on the river is bad - what worse hands that will call do you think are left in his range?

On the JJ hand I much prefer to raise to 4x from SB v BB as you're going to have to play out of position post flop. Also Villan is playing 40/20 (over a small sample) so may have a wide calling range and you get bet more value. Once you've raised to 4x and got called your c-bet is bigger on the flop and he's less likely to call and makes a bigger mistake doing so. I don't mind the turn barrel as there are draws left in his range but once he raises the turn I'm insta folding - a small turn raise here looks very stong on that board and I think it's rarely a bluff which is all you can now beat. His river bet sizing looks like it wants to get called so I'm folding river as well at NL10.

I think the 77 hand is fine - I see the open raise is to 4x here. Are you o/r to 4x in EP for 6 max?
      Good points if I find BB is really loose than I use 4bb o/r but had no real stats, yeah with that cbet flop should have been bigger

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $15.31
      Hero:
      $10

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 7:spade: , 7:diamond:
      Hero raises to $0.40, 3 folds, BB calls $0.30.

Flop: ($0.85) J:heart: , 6:diamond: , 5:diamond: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.4, Hero raises to $1.20, BB calls $0.80.

Turn: ($3.25) 6:heart: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $2, BB calls $2.00.

River: ($7.25) T:diamond: (2 players)
      BB bets $8, Hero folds, BB gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

Final Pot: $7.25

Flats BB, Weak donks half pot on the flop with suited and a draw board. So some kind of draw or maybe weak J or over cards. 3bet, flats, and checks turn So I bet turn to continue strength representation and to get rid of wide range draw/weak pairs. River donk - made flush, A6,
    • h0m1e
      h0m1e
      Bronze
      I saw you didn't OR AJo in UTG. I think that ATo isn't an OR on utg but I definitely OR AJo utg