2nd win!

• sokoi
      sokoi
      Bronze
      Wow, is all I have to say. Won my 2nd tourny tonight. Just finished up and pretty excited I managed to do it again. The field was a bit deeper with a 169 people $6 buy-in compaired to my first win $11 around 90+/- people.

This tourny was a bit different in many ways. A lot of downs at the begining cold deck no matter what position, table or levels. I didn't catch my stride till there was around 30 people left. 20 was the bubble for the money and I was hovering between 27-30 for quite sometime. When I had Aces, everyone folded to me which almost put me on tilt. Just the fact I finally got an Ace let alone TWO of them. I had an M=3.5 so I was just hoping for any big face or ace. After the Aces things turned around KK JJ 77 AK some back-back or a couple of hands later. From there, with finally having something to fight with with and the levels going up I managed to double through, even triple through once and took over chip lead and from there the prize!

In my first post I was pretty excited and everyone commented on my BRM, I think I played within my boundry's this time to keep my BR going and hopefully plentiful.

Feed back always welcome, cheers appreciate taking the time to hear my story. I'm pretty stoked! Good luck out there peeps!!
  • 4 replies
    • i5bet72o
      i5bet72o
      Bronze
      congrats for starting to use BRM and for your 2nd win. Since u ran so hot dont be surprised to run equally cold eventually but enjoy this success.
    • pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      Originally posted by i5bet72o
      congrats for starting to use BRM and for your 2nd win. Since u ran so hot dont be surprised to run equally cold eventually but enjoy this success.

+1
    • wasy8
      wasy8
      Black
      nice run OP, keep sticking to BRM guidelines now.
    • sokoi
      sokoi
      Bronze
      Thanks guys, will do. Yes, I'm sure it's just a matter of time before the cold streak comes in. I'm finding though, as long as you stick to your game plan which is to play consistant poker, learning to not take those "bad beats" personal that eventually you will be rewarded!

Any advice on switching from tournament play/mode to cash mode. I find I'm having very little success at the tables, playing .02-.04 at the moment to start myself off but its been a tough transition to play consistantly well there.

Cheers!!