SB: $18.05
      BB: $10.00
      UTG: $10.63
      Hero (MP): $11.52
      CO: $11.53
      BTN: $16.63

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has K:spade: Q:heart:

fold, Hero raises to $0.40, fold, BTN raises to $1.00, fold, fold, Hero raises to $2.44, BTN calls $1.44

Flop: ($5.03, 2 players) 3:spade: K:diamond: T:heart:
      Hero bets $2.70, fold

Hero wins $4.70

This guy is regular and plays many many tables,but he's also active 3better and has seen me actively raising last 2 hands(as I remember).
      Usually I see him pot3betting (around 1,2) but the 3bet seemed kinda odd to me so I thought I might try to 4bet bluff here,and ofcourse he calls.Not sure about flop tho,I am pretty lucky to get and K flop.I thought about betting around half pot and folding to reraise,since he mostly has AK atleast,I doubt he would push AI w/ JJ/QQ here after he saw me 4betting.

I am aware I shouldn't go too fancy in microlimits but this seemed a good spot to 4bet him.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz

Preflop: As I understand it was the 1st time you 4bet him? Also as I decided to take such line I would definitely also note him down that he Called 4bet w xx and then folded on KT3 board. What you mentioned that you took the 4bet line since he didn't make his 3bet raise standard one as he earlier did 1,2. But do you also remember from where did he do the 1,2? Maybe he was OOP and that's why he did add few more blinds. But based on your reads it's totally fine to take back action on him although I would often try to get more reads on him, as for example the read you had on him with raising size.
      Also how many tables does he play? Because often when people tend to play way too many tables they also have a smaller 3bet range even with bluff since they don't have time to play on every table. But on BU it's a perfect spot to 3bet-bluff.
      Flop: As you 4bet him and now hit then you are likely going broke anyways but the question is if he is going to Call your CBet with a lot weaker PPs? I would often even consider here Check/Raise against such aggressors who like to 3bet a lot since they are also willing to make a mistake on such flops when we check into them with air.

Best regards.