fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.30, fold, SB calls $0.25, fold

FLOP ($0.70) T:club: 5:spade: J:club:

SB bets $0.30, Hero raises to $1, SB calls $0.70

TURN ($2.70) T:club: 5:spade: J:club: 7:club:

SB checks, Hero bets $1.50, SB calls $1.50

RIVER ($5.70) T:club: 5:spade: J:club: 7:club: 5:club:

SB bets $2.80, Hero ???

vpip: 23, pfr: 12, af: 2.0, 44 hands

Not sure even about flop line but his bet was small and we have some outs. Turn is fine as we have good flsh so i barrel. possible? What about river? seems so sad and looks like FH from him as i don't think he is betting Qc like this.
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello nktns,

Flop: You took this raise line only because of his small bet? Since you use HEM, you also should be able to see his donk value, how much is it? If for example he likes to donk a lot of flops then I don't mind raising here and it ain't wrong either to raise because of his small donk.
      Turn: But here I would definitely pick the passive line and just Check behind since when he Called us on flop then he is going to Call our 2nd barrel way too often or sometimes even Check/Raise.

As played
      River: Nah, I don't expect from that opponent either to Bet out just Qc, more often he would Check/Call. But since we have shown a lot of aggression previous streets I think we maybe even able to lay the hand down, unless I have some reads on him being spewy. Just curious what did he have then?

Best regards.
    • nktns
      nktns
      Bronze
      He donked once more before this and i raised because as you said it looked weak and i still have equity if called. and i don't know what he had, i didn't call river. :)