Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $3,96
      Hero:
      $5,07

0,02/0,05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q:heart: , Q:spade:
      5 folds, Hero raises to $0,20, BU folds, SB calls $0,18, BB folds.

Flop: ($0,45) T:heart: , 8:club: , 6:heart: (2 players)
      SB bets $0,2, Hero calls $0,20.

Turn: ($0,85) 6:spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $0,2, Hero calls $0,20.

River: ($1,25) 9:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $0,5, Hero calls $0,50.

Final Pot: $2,25

When reviewing this hand I started to doubt my play. I think I should have folded this one, correct? ( due to the straight )
  • 2 replies
    • Bierbaer
      Bierbaer
      Bronze
      I'd raise the flop to $0.85 for value.
      As played I'd raise the turn to $1.15 for value.
      As played I'd call the river since we're beating most 2pairs and his line looks like a busted draw or 1pair hand a lot.
      Additionally we get great odds - he needs to be bluffing less than 25% of the time to make the call +EV.
    • fryandspicy
      fryandspicy
      Bronze
      We can assume from the small blind's stack size that he is not a regular. His bet on the flop can indicate a wide variety of hands, but most likely is a pair and a gutshot straight draw or maybe a flush draw. He could obviously have also hit two pair or a set or top pair but i'd be inclined to believe he's less likely to lead out with these hands as he'd want to let you cbet with such a strong hand. I'd raise the flop to charge him to draw. 65 cents more would be fine, giving him 2-1 odds. If he shoves or something crazy it's probably fine to go broke because fish can push top pairs or flush draws here alot.

As played, the second 6 is not a bad card for us because it conterfeits his two pair hands. I'd raise turn here to yet again charge him to draw.

Once the 9 hits on the end of course we aren't happy because any seven beats us. However, we are being laid 2.5-1 odds so we only need to be ahead 29% of the time in order to call. I think fish will bet two pair or top pair or busted flush draw enough here for us to call.