Stack
      MP1:
      $5.32
      Hero:
      $2
      BU:
      $5.62

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.94 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with 8:diamond: , 8:club:
      UTG2 folds, MP1 raises to $0.20, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.60, BU calls $0.60, 2 folds, MP1 calls $0.40.

Flop: ($1.95) 9:diamond: , 5:club: , 2:heart: (3 players)
      MP1 bets $0.4, Hero raises to $1.40 (All-In), BU folds, MP1 calls $1.00.

Turn: ($4.75) J:club:
      River: ($4.75) 7:diamond: (2 players)

Final Pot: $4.75

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP1 shows a pair of jacks (Ah Jh)
      Hero shows (8d 8c)

MP1 wins with a pair of jacks (Ah Jh)

Preflop, I treat his min-raise as two limpers. My question is, should I always treat min-raise as two limpers if I dont know about the opponent?
      Besides that, may I push all in if 3 limpers before me when I have playable hand instead of reraise to 7bb (4+3)? Thanks
  • 5 replies
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hello JHTAN,

You can always treat minraisers as limpers, but in case someone plays strong solid hands that way then you have to make a note and adopt in the future. However, UTG minraises are sometimes more credible than ones from later positions.

As for pushing preflop, it is highly advised to push all-in with 3+ limpers when you sit in the blinds and are thus out of position. You can also push when you're in position, although I prefer a standard raise if you have 20BB or more in your stack, but there's nothing wrong with pushing.

About the hand, preflop is well played, on the flop however, you only have a trash hand because of an overcard on the board. And you face 2 opponents thus you should just check/fold the hand and give up against any action from opponents, so just fold to the donkbet.

Regards,
      burek2000
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by burek2000

About the hand, preflop is well played, on the flop however, you only have a trash hand because of an overcard on the board. And you face 2 opponents thus you should just check/fold the hand and give up against any action from opponents, so just fold to the donkbet.

I often find (at least in low limits) that donk bets on dry boards (no protection necessary) are in the majority of cases done with air. Most with TP or more will check/raise or check/call so I would agree with his push on this board
    • JHTAN
      JHTAN
      Bronze

The SSS states that, if we raised before the flop, we play middle pairs, top pairs, overpairs, OESDs, flush draws and every better hand.
      Hero raised preflop, Hero has middle pair. Why Hero have to check/fold the hand on flop?
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      If you have unknown stats on Players then shoving here is fine with this particular board

A board like Axx, Kxx would not be justified to jam 88 all day long here because it doesn't make sense

- Gerv
    • Ribbo
      Ribbo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by thazar

I often find (at least in low limits) that donk bets on dry boards (no protection necessary) are in the majority of cases done with air. Most with TP or more will check/raise or check/call so I would agree with his push on this board
      With less than a pot sized bet left. I would expect any reasonable hand to check/shove or open shove, where I expect weak hands to donk small or check/fold