NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($11.32)
      BB ($9.46)
      UTG ($14.10)
      UTG+1 ($10)
      Hero ($10)
      BTN ($20.06)

Dealt to Hero 7:club: 7:diamond:

UTG raises to $0.35, fold, Hero raises to $1.20, fold, fold, fold, UTG calls $0.85

FLOP ($2.55) 5:club: Q:diamond: 2:heart:

UTG checks, Hero bets $1.30, UTG calls $1.30

TURN ($5.15) 5:club: Q:diamond: 2:heart: A:club:

UTG checks, Hero bets $2.40, UTG folds

vpip: 20, pfr: 10, af: 0, 20 hands
  • 2 replies
    • fryandspicy
      fryandspicy
      Bronze
      I prefer not to 3bet with 77 because if our opponent 4bets we're forced to fold a good hand, and if he calls he usually is ahead either now or on high card flops. People normally 3bet bluff with blockers like KQ or suited connectors like 76.

On the flop a cbet is okay on the dry board, but seeing as you have some showdown value and he has 0 AF maybe just checking behind for a cheap showdown is possibly a line.

Come turn your bet is trying to fold out hands like JJ, TT, 99, 88. From the flop action he either has these or AQ, KQ, QQ, AA, KK (maybe less combos of the premium pairs as he isn't always trapping)

You're risking 2.40 to win 5.15 so you only need the bluff to work a third of the time for it to be okay. I think it will work often enough so it's a good spot to barrel. Nice hand
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello nktns,

Preflop: I'd just Call him, I don't see any good reason we should 3bet against unknown.

As played
      Postflop: Being PFA you have a lot of fold equity on flop and also on turn since the A would make fold a lot of weaker PPs. Sometimes it could also be that he is floating with just AK or something similar. But more often I expect him to have some PP there vs against we have fold equity and should be profitable enough in long run, although I would just Call preflop and would be in such situation which puts us into bigger variance.

Best regards.