- 22 BI nl 50 SH

• Guma89
      Guma89
      Bronze
      I've played something around 20k hands and I've lost 22 buy-ins on NL 50$ short handed which means I've lost like 1100$ and it's half of my bankroll.

Is it big downswing or not?

I had many downswings before and it feels like there is no ending of this crap. If there was no rakeback I wouldn't have any money at all long time ago. If it happens more frequently should I consider myself a loosing player and quit poker?
  • 3 replies
    • wasy8
      wasy8
      Black
      I don't see how you claim to have only two options here: keep grinding or quit poker.

Here's an idea: try working to get better. Its potentially just a downswing, but its far more likely you have a million leaks and you should be working to plug em up.

This game is not easy, and if you don't want to work at constantly improving, then you probably are better off quitting because you won't make money that way.
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      it's quite hard for me or anyone else to say if it's a downswing or not. 20k is a quite small sample and a lot of stuff can happen even if you are crushing the games (search variance simulator if you don't believe me)

I agree with wasy8 , the only thing you can do is improve.
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      I assume you review sessions a lot by the level you play. I'm not good enough to play that high, but I would humbly suggest you look a little deeper into your reviews and post loads of hands on here. I have no doubt people like wasy8 will put you back on the right track.

I expect you've thought about this as well, but I'll say it anyway. I think 1/2 a BR is too much to lose (out of stubborness?). Try dropping to a level you know you can crush. It gives you time to find leaks in your higher level game but at the same time gives you the confidence to know you're doing something right! I know it's just feeding the ego but it works for me. :)

GL.