• RainbowPonny
      RainbowPonny
      Bronze
      BUMP, no one? :P
    • matusko
      matusko
      Bronze
      I also play NL5 sh rush atm, just some random thoughts:

why do you donk ? 88 on T33 board u called preflop.
      why do you play without a hud?
      I think you are a bit too tight, I would resteal far more often with Axs QJo type of hands and open raise suited connectors, 3bet more in position.

If you want we could do a sweat session sometime, I went like $150 up in 3 days with a winrate of 10BB/100 hands last two days im down probably playing pretty bad :) I think a have a lot of leaks so would be glad if someone else could tell me what they think.
    • matusko
      matusko
      Bronze
      also If you have time check out mbmls rush vids I know its NL100 but still very helpfull
    • fusionpk
      fusionpk
      Bronze
      ill take a look tomorrow :)
    • RainbowPonny
      RainbowPonny
      Bronze
      Originally posted by matusko
      I also play NL5 sh rush atm, just some random thoughts:

why do you donk ? 88 on T33 board u called preflop.
      why do you play without a hud?
      I think you are a bit too tight, I would resteal far more often with Axs QJo type of hands and open raise suited connectors, 3bet more in position.

If you want we could do a sweat session sometime, I went like $150 up in 3 days with a winrate of 10BB/100 hands last two days im down probably playing pretty bad :) I think a have a lot of leaks so would be glad if someone else could tell me what they think.
      I like donking whan my opponents range doesnt hit the board. It gives me initiative and good understanding of his range. I will obv fold to a reraise and If he calls ill re-evaluate on the turn. Check calling can get me in to difficult spots since I probably have to fold to turnbet.

I'm trying widen my 3-betting range but I havent played so much at NL5 rush so I'm trying to adapt slowly not to overdo it:)

Yes sure I'm up for some sweat session. I've been very busy lately but i might have some time :)
    • matusko
      matusko
      Bronze
      well its just my opinion, in my eyes donks from regs are really weak i tend to raise them almost 100% of the time, if you think he didnt hit I would just go for a check-raise, but it depends I guess, maybe ask someone more competent:)
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Here are my questions and suggestions for you..:)

1. That hand where you 3bet pre with jacks and the flop is K-rag-rag rainbow. Why didnt you cbet the flop? I'd definitely bet either flop or turn.

2. Hand where you have pocket fives and are in the SB with UTG limped in. I dont think its a good idea to raise here, because you're creating a big pot out of position with a hand that doesnt flop big that often and is very hard to play oop.

3. Hand where you have QTo on button and UTG limper, you raise it 5x and SB and the UTG call. Flop is A86 with two hearts. You cbet and UTG calls. Turn is a Th, check check. On the river the ace paired and he fires about 1/3 of the pot. My question is: why did you call here? What did you put him on? I know you were getting good odds to call, but what can you beat that he would be betting like this? What did you think he just called you with on the flop? I think its almost always either weak suited ace or a draw. And both hearts and 97 got there on the turn.

4. One thing that cost you a lot of time (=hands=money) imo is your betting. From what i've seen, you take a long time to act. And about betting - i dont think it makes a difference whether you bet 40c or 42c, so there's no need to make those funky bets you make. :) And i strongly recommend using mouse wheel to bet, it makes your betting so much faster then clicking at the bar.

5. You're not very consistent in your habits. In one hand, i saw you opening K7o on the button and later i saw you folding KJ from MP. But thats not a big deal i guess.

Otherwise i think you played really well.;)
    • RainbowPonny
      RainbowPonny
      Bronze
      Thanks for the post Alficor. I'll think about what you said :)
    • fusionpk
      fusionpk
      Bronze
      Point 5, not so bad, I open much much wider BU than even CO just because you are guaranteed position. Although if BU is very tight then I abuse my CO.
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by RainbowPonny

I like donking whan my opponents range doesnt hit the board. It gives me initiative and good understanding of his range. I will obv fold to a reraise and If he calls ill re-evaluate on the turn. Check calling can get me in to difficult spots since I probably have to fold to turnbet.
      Why dont you check raise? You give your opponent opportunity to cbet (=put more money in the pot) and when you raise, he's gonna fold if he has nothing. Thats the same result as if you donk, but you win a bigger pot.
      Btw, i personally hate people who donk at me. For god sake, i was the preflop raisor!!:D
    • fusionpk
      fusionpk
      Bronze
      I only donk my weaker hands vs passive opponents. If opponent is very likely to cbet their air range then a c/r is warranted. However note that if opponent is more aggro like this you will end up in some tougher spots & bigger pots. Donking wins you less but you risk less and you are generally going to play a smaller pot. But again alot of regs abuse weak donks.
    • RainbowPonny
      RainbowPonny
      Bronze
      Yeah I studied som strategy today. I'll try to c/r more on flops his precieved range doesn't hit (ofc when i still have EQ in the pot). I believe c/r is a good weapon especially in rush poker when the villains don't have much stats on me.
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by RainbowPonny
      Yeah I studied som strategy today. I'll try to c/r more on flops his precieved range doesn't hit (ofc when i still have EQ in the pot). I believe c/r is a good weapon especially in rush poker when the villains don't have much stats on me.
      Imo players in rush are much more likely to give up in these situations than players in a regular cash game. So i think it's good idea to check raise more often than in regular cg.
    • fusionpk
      fusionpk
      Bronze
      Yeah don't go c/r crazy tho there are plenty of spots to donk plenty to c/c and some to c/r, basically don't go overplaying 1pair hands by c/r'ing them all the time :P
    • RainbowPonny
      RainbowPonny
      Bronze
      I actually played like 1k hands today and tried to 3-bet more preflop and c/r more on boards i know they very rarely hit. Its been working out fine so far :)