[NL2-NL10] NL5 6max rush - AJo

• Smashie
      Known players:

0,02/0,05 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:diamond: , J:spade:
      MP2 raises to $0,17, MP3 folds, Hero calls $0,17, 3 folds.

Flop: ($0,41) A:spade: , 4:heart: , 2:diamond: (2 players)
      MP2 bets $0,41, Hero calls $0,41.

Turn: ($1,23) J:heart: (2 players)
      MP2 raises $5,34 (All-In), Hero calls $5,34.

River: ($11,91) 8:spade: (2 players)

Final Pot: $11,91

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP2 shows three-of-a-kind, fours (4s 4c)
      Hero shows (Ad Js)

MP2 wins with three-of-a-kind, fours (4s 4c)

I was a bit caught up in the moment and snap-called without thinking. Do people really push worse then 2pair here?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello Smashie,

Preflop: The question is either it's profitable Call preflop since we have to make moves on him when we miss on the flop but atm is the problem that we don't have any stats on him and therefore I would even consider folding.

As played
      Postflop: The bet on flop seems to be pretty strong since he is betting pot we as long we decided to Call preflop and we hit our Ace then we have to continue here and turn is kinda bad card for us since we have now 2pairs and he decides to shove. I think some bad players could easily even shove there with just Ax type of hands, sometimes they tend also to have worse 2pairs there and more often they wouldn't shove their sets there that often since they should also that they wont get value that often with shove so I would likely also Call there since it's NL5 and I tend to think that they are able to shove with a lot worse. As we did Call there, I would definitely take a note on him like "overshove turn with set on A42J" or something similar.

Best regards.