[NL2-NL10] How to play a monster right (quad 5s) to get the best payout

• Gremlin68
      Gremlin68
      Bronze
      Here a hand that was really fine, but I'm interested in hearing if at any point I should have played different. In the end I think I got the maximum out of it, but that's my point of view.

Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)      
      Position:
      Stack
      MP3:
      $12.97
      Hero:
      $2.09
      MP2:
      $2.70
      UTG:
      $2.09

0.05/0.10 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5:club: , 5:diamond:
      UTG calls $0.10, 3 folds, MP2 calls $0.10, MP3 calls $0.10, 3 folds, Hero checks.

Normal play I think

Flop: ($0.45) 5:heart: , Q:heart: , 5:spade: (4 players)
      Hero bets $0.20, UTG calls $0.20, MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.40, Hero calls $0.20, UTG calls $0.20.

So fine. What to do now to get the money in. Thinking about this hand I don't have to bet here, because I just checked my BB. In the hand I thought contibet (contibet? I didn't bet) not to be suspicious. Maybe this took out someone who would have hit anything later and put money in the pot

Turn: ($1.65) Q:club: (3 players)
      Hero checks, UTG bets $0.60, MP3 calls $0.60, Hero calls $0.60.

I have two opponents who seem to have something, so I thought let them play

River: ($3.45) 9:spade: (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.99 (All-In), UTG raises to $0.99 (All-In), MP3 calls $0.99.

Here I think I have to go allin, afraid that they could just check down on a two paired bored. Actually I hoped that someone or both hit a FH

Final Pot: $6.42

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP3 shows [ 2c, 2d ] two pairs, Queens and Fives
      Hero shows [ 5c, 5d ] four of a kind, Fives
      UTG shows [ Tc, Th ] two pairs, Queens and Tens
      Hero wins $6.10 USD with four of a kind, Fives.

Beside the bet on the flop I'm quite satisfied with the way I played the hand, but very interested to read your way of playing this hand
  • 5 replies