[NL2-NL10] NL5 6max rush - QJs

• Smashie
      Known players:

0,02/0,05 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q:club: , J:club:
      MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0,05, CO folds, BU calls $0,05, Hero raises to $0,25, 2 folds, BU calls $0,20.

Flop: ($0,60) Q:heart: , 5:spade: , 4:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,4, BU calls $0,40.

Turn: ($1,40) 9:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,7, BU calls $0,70.

River: ($2,80) 3:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,5, BU raises to $1,00, Hero calls $0,50.

Final Pot: $4,80

Is raising pre ok? on the flop i cbet with top pair. On the turn i should probably slow down, but bet/fold should still work? Since he called the turn i should check/fold river?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello Smashie,

Preflop: If you think you can overplay them postflop then sure, it's totally fine to raise there but ain't wrong to complete either if you prefer to play on smaller pots. But taking initiative is sometimes better.
      Postflop: I would likely bet bit bigger on turn to not make myself look a bit weak, ~$0.90 or something similar for free showdown. But the question on river is if he is going to Call there with worse, of course block-bet is reasonable and fold to a bigger raise but sometimes you could also consider just Check/Folding in this case since we bet on turn for free showdown and he is not going to bet the river big with a lot weaker hand. As played Bet/Calling the min-raise is fine, note him down with what he did minraise you.

Best regards.