Identity theft.....it begins.

• w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      I just want to post this here. I'm not sure if anyone cares, or anyone can help, but perhaps it will increase awareness in some way as well as allowing me to vent.

I recently opened a players only account. I have NEVER had a players only account before. All was well until day 3 or so, when upon logging in, I received a notice telling me my account had been suspended and to contact a certain email address. The correspondence is as follows :-

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Greetings PlayersOnly,

My account 'xxxxxxxxxx' is notifying me that it has been suspended.

What is the reason for this?

Thanks,

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Xxxx ,
      Thank you for contacting us.
      We have noticed another account (or accounts) belonging to you, in which legitimate deposits made to our site have been charged-back; that is to say, a stop-payment request was made to your bank or credit card company against those deposits.
      It is possible that the charges were not recognised and were reversed inadvertently. However, we cannot proceed with any further transactions on your account until these chargebacks have been repaid via cash transfer.
      The chargebacks amount to $120.00 Please contact us over Live Chat or phone for more information about how to repay these chargebacks and resolve this issue. We do apologize for any inconvenience caused.
      We are always here to help you. Please feel free to reply to this email if you have any additional questions in relation to this or any other matter. Your reference ID for this email is xxxxxxxxxxx; please quote this number in any further communication on this subject.
      Kind regards,

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Playersonly,

I believe there has been some kind of mistake.

1) I have NEVER had another account at players only. I have accounts at other merge sites, but NOT players only. It would be interesting to hear details of when this supposed account was created. If there is another account under the name "xxxxxxxxxx" I can say with 100% certainty that is NOT my account.

2) I have NEVER deposited or requested a deposit at ANY merge network site. It would be interesting to see which bank request this was made from, because I'm sure it was NOT mine.

If what you are saying is true, then I have been a victim of identity fraud. Naturally I will NOT be resolving any chargeback of $120 because I was never credited with this in the first place.

Hopefully you can look into this. It is worrying to me that you didn't notice that I supposedly already had an existing account when I signed up recently.

I spoke to a representative on live chat who said he would forward my concern to the appropriate department. I explained that I will still be sending this email as way of an official response.

I do not take lightly being accused of fraud.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I'm guessing maybe I've sent my ID card out to just one too many places and finally someone is running a scam....

Or perhaps they don't even need a card and decided to mine my details from somewhere......

Either way the whole thing feels totally unfair. I still had $34 worth of tourney entries on that site too.

I want to get the bottom of it though.

Someone will pay.......... :s_cool:
  • 2 replies
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Sorry to hear of your problems w34z3l,

Hope you are able to give it swiftly resolved.

If you genuinely feel that your card/bank account has been compromised I would suggest contacting your bank for assistance. It could of course just be a mis-understanding, mistake or over-active fraud detection on the part of the poker room.

You do of course need to be careful who you give your card/bank details out to. As a general rule, always stick to big recognised names. PokerStrategy's own partner poker rooms for example are carefully selected due to a number of factors including security and safety of player accounts.

Hoping you get it sorted out soon.

Good luck & best regards,

Bart
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Here is an update

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear xxxxx,

Thank you for contacting us.

Thank you for sending us the funds to repay your chargebacks and rebalance your account. I am pleased to inform you that there are now no funds owed and your account is active once again.

Thanks for your cooperation in this matter.

We are always here to help you. Please feel free to reply to this email if you have any additional questions in relation to this or any other matter. Your reference ID for this email is xxxxxxxxxxxxx; please quote this number in any further communication on this subject.

Kind regards,

Account seems to be unfrozen.....but I didn't "repay" any money. I wonder if they will follow up with an explanation.