[NL2-NL10] 74 NL5 Rush

• brazyd
      Known players:

0,02/0,05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7:club: , 4:spade:
      7 folds, SB calls $0,03, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0,10) 9:club: , 6:diamond: , 4:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($0,10) 7:spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $0,1, Hero raises to $0,30, SB raises to $0,60, Hero calls $0,30.

River: ($1,30) 4:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $1,3, Hero raises to $2,90, SB raises to $4,93 (All-In), Hero calls $1,82 (All-In), SB gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

Final Pot: $10,74

Was it ok to call the reraise on the turn? Should I have folded to a bet on the river if the 4 did not hit ( due to the straight)?
  • 3 replies
    • Duudalinja

I'd call turn. He suddenly wakes up and pots it, so I wouldn't be too excited here.

As played I'd just call river because his moves looks strong and he seems like not worried about straight being here or paired board.

If 4 wouldn't hit river I'd fold against his bet.

Good luck!
    • brazyd
      Thanks for your comments!

So you would not go all-in with the fullhouse on the river? The chances that he has a better one are too small to let this one go, no? He seemed not to be worried about the straight because he was holding it himself.
    • veriz
      Hello brazyd,

Turn: Since it's a freeplay pot I wouldn't get fancy here with only 2pairs, since he is betting pot I'd just Call and reevaluate river.

As played
      River: The board paired and he still bets pot size into us, like it doesn't matter for him and since he seems to be kinda tightish opponent and doesn't seem to be like a fish, I'd just Call. Of course against very loose opponents you could easily consider shoving here since they are willing to go broke also with a lot weaker hands.

Best regards.